corner corner Great Canadian Love Stories: Romances, Affairs, and Passionate Tales (Amazing Stories)

Journal Entry 1 by JessicaEby from Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Monday, August 28, 2017

My husband and I just got home from a two-week Western Canada roadtrip, and this book came home with us to Cambridge, ON. I bought it at a really cool charity cafe/bookshop in Winnipeg called Sam's Place (if you're ever in 'The Peg,' you should check it out)! My husband picked this book out for me... I'm not sure if he is interested in it or just thought I would be, but either we or I will read it before passing it along.

In celebration of the sesquicentennial, I have dedicated my 2017 bookcrossing activity to the reading and sharing of Canadian stories. I am registering this book as part of my Canada 150 project!

Journal Entry 2 by JessicaEby at Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Friday, September 22, 2017

I've been home sick the past couple of days, unable to do much other than read or watch tv, which has given me a great opportunity to get a few more books under my belt!

This one was a quick read that has both some very sad and some very sweet stories in it. I'm not sure when or where I will get to pass this book along, but I hope to leave it somewhere for someone else to find, hopefully sooner rather than later. There are a couple of places not too far from here that relate to a couple of the people/stories featured in the book, so maybe I can come up with something appropriate from that. If not, I'll find some place for it, anyway!

Journal Entry 3 by JessicaEby at Glanbrook Arena in Binbrook, Ontario Canada on Sunday, November 26, 2017

Released 3 wks ago (11/26/2017 UTC) at Glanbrook Arena in Binbrook, Ontario Canada

My husband and I were hoping to see the Ontario Historical Plaque relating to "When You and I Were Young, Maggie"-- a poem featured in this book-- at the Glanbrook Municipal Centre, but sadly we were unable to do so. We didn't realise the plaque was inside the municipal building, which was not open while we were there. The arena on the site was open, so we popped in to use the washroom and get a warm drink for the drive home. As the arena is on the same property as the plaque and in the same community that the Johnsons were from, I left the book there. It was left on the side counter at the concession booth, beside some other free reading material.

If you've found this book, thanks for picking it up and checking out its journal! If you're new to bookcrossing, welcome. We'd love it if you'd stick around with us a while. I really hope that you enjoy both this book and the whole bookcrossing experience!

This book was released as part of the 2017 "52 Towns in 52 Weeks" Release Challenge. I've finished my 52 but I've kept on going-- Binbrook was Town #69 for me!