corner corner Nutshell

Nutshell
by Ian McEwan | Literature & Fiction
Registered by winggreenbadgerwing of St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on 8/20/2017

status (set by Paws4Books): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by winggreenbadgerwing from St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, August 20, 2017

Trudy is estranged from her husband John, a poet, having an affair with his dull brother Claude, and living in his run-down but valuable family home. She's also heavily pregnant with John's son, who narrates the story. She and Claude want to get John out of their lives and keep the money from the house, and they have a plan for how to do it...This is a clever book, beautifully written and keeping the suspense till the end.

Journal Entry 2 by winggreenbadgerwing at BCUK UnConvention 2017 in Loughborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 21, 2017

Released 2 mos ago (9/22/2017 UTC) at BCUK UnConvention 2017 in Loughborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom

To the finder, enjoy, and I hope you will write a journal entry so that previous readers will know that this book has been found. It is always a joy to find where it has gone. You can remain anonymous but if you are interested in joining (free with no strings) please consider using greenbadger as your referrer.
I don't get anything from this except for the pleasure of watching my books travel and knowing that they are giving pleasure to others.
Keep the book for as long as you like, and when you are done with it please pass it on to a friend, or set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find as you did. When you pass this book along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it. Thank you.

Journal Entry 3 by Paws4Books at Deal, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, September 25, 2017

I haven't read an Ian McEwan for ages and I spotted this book winking at me from the book buffet. :0)