corner corner The Little Paris Bookshop: A Novel

The Little Paris Bookshop: A Novel
by Nina George | Literature & Fiction
Registered by mcsar of Richmond, British Columbia Canada on 9/26/2017

status (set by emmejo): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by mcsar from Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, September 26, 2017

I enjoyed this book a lot. It spoke to my love of books and reading and sent me on a search of titles related to readers and reading.

Journal Entry 2 by mcsar at By post, RABCK to fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, October 12, 2017

Released 9 mos ago (10/13/2017 UTC) at By post, RABCK to fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

On its way to emmejo as a wishlist tag.

Journal Entry 3 by wingemmejowing at Trumansburg, New York USA on Monday, October 16, 2017

This arrived today. Thank you! I've heard a lot of good things about this book, so I'm curious to give it a go.

Journal Entry 4 by wingemmejowing at Trumansburg, New York USA on Friday, December 29, 2017

At first I was struggling with this book. It seemed too trite and melodramatic with its heavy-handed morality concepts and, like many similar books, felt like it was trying to flatter a self-congragatory, literary-snob audience. I nearly put it down multiple times. Yet, as the story develops, we get to see progress from stock characters standing in for blatant conceptualism into more multi-dimensional and engaging people. By the last third, I was solidly hooked.

This is definitely not a book for everyone, but I think it will be enjoyed by the people who is meant for, the book-obsessed folks who live as much in fiction as the real world.

Journal Entry 5 by wingemmejowing at Little Free Library #47780 in Ithaca, New York USA on Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (3/21/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library #47780 in Ithaca, New York USA

Added to the Little Free Library