corner corner How to Be a (Bad) Birdwatcher

How to Be a (Bad) Birdwatcher
by Simon Barnes | Nonfiction
Registered by wingSqueakyChuwing of Rockville, Maryland USA on 8/3/2017

status (set by SqnutZips): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingSqueakyChuwing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Thursday, August 03, 2017

The pictured donations to the Little Free Library of Twinbrook (#7720) arrived between 07/26/17 and 08/02/17. This book came from an anonymous donor. Thank you very much!

Journal Entry 2 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Thursday, August 03, 2017

I am currently reading this book for the August 2017 TIOLI challenge on LibraryThing to read a book with a musical term in the title or author's name. The author's name contains the word BAR.

Journal Entry 3 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, August 13, 2017

This is truly a wonderful book. I've always been interested in watching birds, although that interest waxes and wanes as I go off on other tangents. This book gives me permission to do just that! It basically says that I don't have to be a "twitcher", a term used in England for an avid birdwatcher or one who obsessively check off birds on a "life list". Simon Barnes writes, "In fact, the notion of common birds and rare birds begins to look like nothing more than a kind of snobbery."

Simon Barnes talks about a bird's place in nature and how to appreciate all kinds of birds by simply noting their presence, listening to their sounds and using all opportunities to learn more about them. He writes, "In fact, the notion of common birds and rare birds begins to look like nothing more than a kind of snobbery." I love this attitude of laying down the life list and simply being mindful in the presence of birds.

Journal Entry 4 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Little Free Library of Twinbrook (#7720) - 5811 Vandegrift Avenue in Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, September 02, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (9/2/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library of Twinbrook (#7720) - 5811 Vandegrift Avenue in Rockville, Maryland USA

I'm releasing this book for the following BookCrossing challenge:

***The 2017 You're Such an Animal Release Challenge hosted by Secretariat. This book has the word BIRD in its title.

Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 5 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Journal Entry 6 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Noodles & Company - Congressional Plaza in Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, September 23, 2017

Released 3 wks ago (9/24/2017 UTC) at Noodles & Company - Congressional Plaza in Rockville, Maryland USA

This book is being released at a BookCrossing meet-up at Noodles & Company in Rockville, Maryland. My daughter once worked at this restaurant! :D

Hello and welcome to BookCrossing ... where we make the whole world a library!

Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 7 by wingSqnutZipswing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Monday, September 25, 2017

Picked from pile of books brought to the BCinDC monthly meet-up today.
Sticky note on cover says "SqueakyChu" recommends this book...thanks
"SqueakyChu".