corner corner A Fantastic Voyage into Greek Mythology

A Fantastic Voyage into Greek Mythology
by Sofia A. Souli | Other
Registered by wingDelphi_Readerwing of Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on 7/30/2017

status (set by mrsmontague): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingDelphi_Readerwing from Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Sunday, July 30, 2017

This book starts its journey with Book Crossing from Delphi, Greece
aka The center of the world according to ancient Greeks : )))
_____________________________________________________________________

"The leading roles in this comics are played by Zeus, Aphrodite, Poseidon and all the other ancient gods, together with Heracles and the other heroes. There are also kings and nobles, giants, cyclopes, medusas and other monsters in fabulous action."

Text: Sofia A. Souli Illustrations: Markos Sigalas
by Toubi's Editions

~~~~~~To the person who found this book:~~~~~~

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. Drop a few lines on where and how you found this book and what you thought of it. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, I encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold.

This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, although I would love you to read and then share it. You can pass it on someone you know or release it once again in the wild, leaving it on a park bench, a phone booth, a hostel lobby...wherever you think it's suitable for the book to continue it's journey. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 2 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Toubis editions is one of the larger publishing companies in Greece when it comes to items aimed mostly to tourists/visitors. Among 3-4 other similar companies, Toubis offer a vast array of museum and archeological sites' guides, books about ancient Greek art and Mythology, bookmarks, postcards and so on.

The good thing is that those books are usually written by archeologists or academics and are good value for money. The bad thing is that some tongue in cheek editions -like this one- reproduce silly stereotypes along the decent stuff.

This is a very nice comic book for teens or adults who feel like reading something more light about Greek Mythology rather than a whole book.
Most of main myths are here and it's impressive the quantity of different stories that fit in a small-ish volume. A decent introduction to the subject for sure.

What I didn't like is the trite "bouzouki-souvlaki-retsina" '60s humor, which wouldn't apply if someone is transferred on antiquity anyway.

Now, let's see where/how this book will travel further away...

Journal Entry 3 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Released 2 mos ago (10/3/2017 UTC) at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

The Fantastic Voyage into Greek Mythology is now on a voyage itself
: )
It left Delphi today, heading to Kilburn, Derbyshire, UK. And who knows where else later on...

I hope it'll meet many interesting people who'd read it, appreciate it, help it continue its travels and let us know...

Good Luck my book, Safe Travels!

Journal Entry 4 by wingmrsmontaguewing at Kilburn, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 14, 2017

Thank you for sending me some books all the way from Greece! :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingmrsmontaguewing at Horsley Book Exchange Phonebox in Horsley, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 22, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (10/22/2017 UTC) at Horsley Book Exchange Phonebox in Horsley, Derbyshire United Kingdom

Welcome to BookCrossing - the act of releasing and catching books and spreading our love of reading! It's addictive, fun and spam free!
- If you can, please register when and where you found this book. Using the BCID number from the BookCrossing label inside the front cover, log on to the site, then follow the instructions to make a brief journal entry. The person who released the book will be happy to know it's in safe hands!
- You can then read it if you wish. We'd be most grateful if you could leave it somewhere else for someone else to find afterwards.
You don't have to sign up to BookCrossing- your entry will just appear as an 'Anonymous Finder'. If you do join: please consider putting me, mrsmontague, as your referring member. Enjoy!