corner corner Juliet's Nurse: A Novel

Juliet's Nurse: A Novel
by Lois Leveen | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingDove-i-Libriwing of Fort Myers, Florida USA on 7/22/2017

status (set by elizardbreath): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingDove-i-Libriwing from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Saturday, July 22, 2017

Noticed this book on one of the shelves upstairs and remembered how much I wanted to read it when I first bought it, so brought it down to register it. Will read it soon as part of Reduce TBR Challenge. (Link)

From the book cover:
"... An enthralling new telling of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet—told from the perspective of Juliet’s nurse.

In Verona, a city ravaged by plague and political rivalries, a mother mourning the death of her day-old infant enters the household of the powerful Cappelletti family to become the wet-nurse to their newborn baby. As she serves her beloved Juliet over the next fourteen years, the nurse learns the Cappellettis’ darkest secrets. Those secrets—and the nurse’s deep personal grief—erupt across five momentous days of love and loss that destroy a daughter, and a family.
"

November 3, 2017: Starting this today. I'm intrigued by the idea of the nurse narrating the familiar story.

November 8, 2017: Reserved for fellow BookCrosser Elizardbreath!

November 24, 2017: Sorry, friend. Sometimes real life gets in the way of reading fun, and it looks like that happened here this month. Still reading this, but it will be on its way to you soon!

January 14, 2018: Ay! My heart is breaking. Even knowing the story, I cry with Prince Escalarius, "For never was a story of more woe / Than this of Juliet and her Romeo."

Journal Entry 2 by wingDove-i-Libriwing at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Thursday, January 18, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (1/16/2018 UTC) at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

☺ Happy Traveling, Book! ☺

Journal Entry 3 by wingelizardbreathwing at Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Sunday, January 21, 2018

Thanks for sending this my way!