corner corner 'What the Reviewers Said' Wrap it up Bookbox

'What the Reviewers Said' Wrap it up Bookbox
by Nataliec7 | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Nataliec7 of West Molesey, Surrey United Kingdom on 7/11/2017

status (set by Nataliec7): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by Nataliec7 from West Molesey, Surrey United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 11, 2017

This is a small bookbox containing a selection of books. The box will start with a minimum of 5 books or how many I can fit in under 2kg! They will be of different genres and authors. They will all be covered somehow and a REVIEW from the front or back of the book written or taped to the outside of the package.

For example, I am currently reading The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton. On the front cover, it is described/reviewed as:

'Haunting, magical and full of surprises'

and on the back cover as

'Mesmerising and Suspenseful.... Unmissable'

When its your turn, you choose books based on the review and add your own wrapped books to the box with the review on the outside. Please post here and let other people know what your review and book was. Some books have several reviews on it. Feel free to pick which ever you think describes the book best or is the most interesting.

You then post the box on to the next person and it goes on until the box returns to me. Please try to move the box within a month please. This should be enough time to make your choices and get the box back on its way.

As with normal bookbox's, please put books in that are in good condition. You can wrap the book in whatever you have to hand - Spare wrapping paper, newspaper, brown paper or whatever you have to hand as long as the books are obscured. Write or tape your chosen review of the book to the outside of the book and the PM the next person for their address. Please keep at least 5 books in the box to allow other people to have a good selection to choose from. Fiction only please but any genre.

And lastly enjoy! Its nice not to judge a book by its cover!

Participants:
Mysteriousmummy
Plum-crazy
Flutterbies9
Nataliec7

Journal Entry 2 by Nataliec7 at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Released 4 mos ago (7/11/2017 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

This is now on it way 2 days late (Oops). Hope you enjoy the selection of books to choose from!

Journal Entry 3 by wing3viewing at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Saturday, July 15, 2017

Box is with me. I'm quite excited to have a look through and try to guess what the book is about based on the review line 😃

Journal Entry 4 by wing3viewing at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Friday, July 21, 2017

Released 4 mos ago (7/21/2017 UTC) at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Posted this yesterday to the next person

Journal Entry 5 by caroline-m at Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, July 22, 2017

Received today - so many good books to choose from, thanks for organising this Natalie!

Journal Entry 6 by caroline-m at Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, July 24, 2017

Released 4 mos ago (7/24/2017 UTC) at Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom

Back off in the post today :)

Journal Entry 7 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, July 27, 2017

The box is safely with me,it may take me a week or so to deal with this as I'm having dental surgery today and I'm also in the middle or an RA flare up, I will sort it out as soon as I can.

Edit 15/08/17

I'm so sorry I've just realized that I sent this to the next person on the list without doing a JE-Bad Bookcrosser!!!!
I took out two books but I can't remember what was written on the front of each, they are.
The Rain Before it Falls by Jonathan Coe
The Vintage Teacup Club by Vanessa Green

Journal Entry 8 by JemmaJ at Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Arrived yesterday! Many thanks Yorkshire-Lass! Can't wait to get into my choices!

Journal Entry 9 by JemmaJ at Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Contacted Silver-Greece and waiting for the address...

Box is is packed and ready to go...

Journal Entry 10 by JemmaJ at "What the Reviewers Said" Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, August 10, 2017

Released 3 mos ago (8/10/2017 UTC) at "What the Reviewers Said" Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Dropping off to my local Hermes Parcel Shop - it weighted a little bit of 2kg. It is worth it though!

Journal Entry 11 by Silver-Greece at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, September 04, 2017

Just got it from my neighbours. They left for holidays the day the parcel arrived and they forgot to leave it to me. I'll send it to the next person on the list asap

Journal Entry 12 by Silver-Greece at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, September 08, 2017

Released 2 mos ago (9/8/2017 UTC) at London, Greater London United Kingdom

I am posting the box to the next person on the list.

Journal Entry 13 by T_richardson_x at Abercynon, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, September 11, 2017

Box arrived today safely, it will be ready to move on soon! x

Journal Entry 14 by T_richardson_x at Abercynon, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, September 15, 2017

Box is ready to go and I have Plum-Crazy's address, but as she's away until the 30th, I will postpone sending it on until a little later, just to make sure she gets it! :)

Journal Entry 15 by T_richardson_x at Abercynon, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (10/4/2017 UTC) at Abercynon, Wales United Kingdom

Onto the next participant!

Journal Entry 16 by mysteriousmummy at Shefford, Bedfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 14, 2017

Box received safely, I have replaced the box which was looking a bit battered but its still under 2kg. Will send off to the next participant later in the week.

Journal Entry 17 by mysteriousmummy at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Released 3 wks ago (10/28/2017 UTC) at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

On its way to the next participant

Journal Entry 18 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 01, 2017

The box is with me & containing some really intriguing parcels - it might take me a couple of days to make a decision :o)

Journal Entry 19 by wingPlum-crazywing at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Released 2 wks ago (11/8/2017 UTC) at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

On it's way to Flutterbies9 :o)

Journal Entry 20 by wingFlutterbies9wing at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Friday, November 10, 2017

Received today, been looking forward to this arriving.

Well, I don't believe this - I've opened and (re-stuck ) three of these books! Two I have read already and the third I had circulated myself in another bookbox. Very unusual but possibly shows how little I go by reviews when choosing a book to read. However, despite all that, I've chosen one from an author I've known about for a while but just never got around to reading.

Now for the balancing act of which books plus wrapping will make up the package to go through the post returning to the originator of this bookbox.

Journal Entry 21 by Nataliec7 at West Molesey, Surrey United Kingdom on Friday, November 17, 2017

Well, a success all round for sure. The bookbox has made it home.
I will attempt to organise another round for any interested parties. Thanks everyone for participating! :)

1st Review: Plunges us into or worst nightmare- Somebody knows our darkest secret and they're sharing it. Turns out to be Disclaimer by Renee Knight which looks like my ideal read.

2nd Review: A marvel... a novel which deals with a huge subject with originality. This is Property by Valerie Martin. Another good one.

3rd Review: A rattling good yarn, the sort that chills the mind as well as the spine. This is The Woman in Black by Susan Hill.

The rest will remain wrapped for another round.