corner corner Wonder

Wonder
by R J Palacio | Teens
Registered by wingkeeta1wing of Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on 7/4/2017

status (set by LizzieW86): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingkeeta1wing from Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Tuesday, July 04, 2017

'My name is August. I won't describe what I look like. Whatever you're thinking, it's probably worse.' Auggie wants to be an ordinary ten-year-old. He does ordinary things - eating ice cream, playing on his Xbox. He feels ordinary - inside. But ordinary kids don't make other ordinary kids run away screaming in playgrounds. Ordinary kids aren't stared at wherever they go. Born with a terrible facial abnormality, Auggie has been home-schooled by his parents his whole life. Now, for the first time, he's being sent to a real school - and he's dreading it. All he wants is to be accepted - but can he convince his new classmates that he's just like them, underneath it all? Wonder is a funny, frank, astonishingly moving debut to read in one sitting, pass on to others, and remember long after the final page.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Tuesday, December 26, 2017

A sweet, if rather predictable story :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingkeeta1wing at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, January 04, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (1/3/2018 UTC) at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases

Finally on it's way :)
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by wingEdwardstreetwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, January 07, 2018

Letterbox surprise, thank you. I have heard great things about the movie, and I have had this on my wishlist for a while so I am looking forward to good read.

Journal Entry 5 by wingEdwardstreetwing at -- By post or by hand/ in person, RABCK , bookring/ray in Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Thursday, January 11, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (1/13/2018 UTC) at -- By post or by hand/ in person, RABCK , bookring/ray in Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand

Taking to Sunday lunch.
One of my friends will want this.

have added: "Try to be a little kinder than is necessary" to my personal wisdom book

Journal Entry 6 by Carolyn-Anne at Petone, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, January 22, 2018

thanks Anne. Many tissues were harmed in the reading of this book.

Journal Entry 7 by LizzieW86 at Petone, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, January 22, 2018

A gentle, predictable story.

Journal Entry 8 by LizzieW86 at Bus Stop in Karori, Wellington Province New Zealand on Friday, February 09, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (2/9/2018 UTC) at Bus Stop in Karori, Wellington Province New Zealand

Released at the bus stop opposite Sprott House - a regular hang out for local books searching for new readers :)