corner corner Death Comes to the Ballets Russes

Death Comes to the Ballets Russes
by David Dickinson | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingNu-Kneeswing of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 6/23/2017

status (set by Deltic): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingNu-Kneeswing from Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, June 23, 2017

I bought this from the discard sale table in Knaresborough library this morning because I've enjoyed several mysteries in this series but not yet this one. Looks like fun!

Amazon Editorial Review: "It's 1912 and the famed Ballet Russes have come to London to perform. Anticipation is high, for Diaghilev’s troupe is renowned throughout Europe. At the end of their famed performance of Thamar at the Royal Opera House, the Georgian queen stabs her prince to death and throws him into the river. But life mirrors art when the prince is found truly dead, stabbed through the heart in the orchestra pit below stage. Yet, the corpse is not the dancer in the program. It is his understudy. Powerscourt is summoned to investigate. But who was the intended victim—the understudy, or the star of the Ballets Russes? And the Ballet Russes are not the only Russian visitors in London this season. Lenin, Europe’s most dangerous revolutionary, has sent some bank robbery money to be changed into pounds. There are stolen jewels from St. Petersburg to be sold. And there are other, darker forces abroad, too, and Powerscourt has to look death in the face before he can solve the mystery of Death at the Ballet Russes."

Journal Entry 2 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, June 25, 2017

An entertaining mystery with all sorts of plots, sub-plots and red herrings . . . .

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at The White Swan Leeds in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 15, 2017

Released 2 mos ago (7/16/2017 UTC) at The White Swan Leeds in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

This is one of the titles I plan to make available when a group of BookCrossers gather to chat and swap books in the White Swan, Leeds over lunchtime tomorrow. I hope it finds a new home for somebody else to enjoy after me . . . . If it's not claimed then, and even if it is, who knows where it might end up next?

Well over a million people around the world give their books a unique BookCrossing IDentity number (BCID) before sending them out to find new readers. Since the start of the scheme in April 2001 nearly twelve million such books have been put into circulation. This is one of them!

Our hope is that we can track the progress of our books once they've left our hands - and that's possible if finders like you visit the website, key in the BCID and leave a comment, however long or short. It's fun, it doesn't have to cost anything, although the site always appreciates donations towards running costs, and you can remain anonymous if you wish. You don't have to join but if you do you'll be able to number and track your own books!

Journal Entry 4 by Deltic at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 17, 2017

Looks a bit Edward Marstonesque. I think I'll enjoy it