corner corner The Hopes of Snakes: And Other Tales from the Urban Landscape

The Hopes of Snakes: And Other Tales from the Urban Landscape
by Lisa Couturier | Nonfiction
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 6/20/2017

status (set by GoryDetails): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, June 20, 2017

I got this ex-library hardcover from Better World Books. It's a collection of essays about animals in urban areas, and the people who interact with them. "Birds of Prey Day" introduces children to raptors. "The City's Laughter" touches on the lives that Manhattanites share with pigeons, squirrels, rats, roaches, etc. I'm fond of snakes, so the title essay pleased me when it showed the author learning to accept them as the fascinating creatures they are.

Each story also folds in incidents from the author's life, and/or musings on deeper issues - faith, family, loyalty, bravery.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Legacy Playground in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Released 1 wk ago (9/13/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library, Legacy Playground in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library on this warm day; hope the finder enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2017 You're Such an Animal release challenge. ***