corner corner The World's Wild Shores

The World's Wild Shores
by National Geographic Society | Outdoors & Nature
Registered by Megi53 of Danville, Virginia USA on 3/17/2004

status (set by wgndebbie): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Megi53 from Danville, Virginia USA on Wednesday, March 17, 2004

This is one of those originally-expensive collections of photos and essays that are always found in used bookstores. This particular volume has Indonesia, Spain, Chile, Alaska and Antarctica.

My father collected these National Geographic special volumes. He served in Alaska (WWII), so this one is my favorite.

Journal Entry 2 by Megi53 at Ballou Park near the Recreation Center in Danville, Virginia USA on Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Released on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 at Ballou Park near the Recreation Center in Danville, Virginia USA.

This book will be as close to the entrance to the Senior Citizens Center as I can get it by noon today.

Released in memory of Cody.

Journal Entry 3 by wgndebbie from Danville, Virginia USA on Sunday, May 16, 2004

I found this book in Ballou Park in Danville, VA. I work at the Senior Citizens Center and thought some workers who were there had left a manual on the bench. My daughter is taking it to Richmond with her to leave and she is going to join this site, too. I truly believe in the purposefullness of happenstance. Thanks!

CAUGHT IN DANVILLE VA USA