corner corner All New Slow Cooker

All New Slow Cooker
by (Publications International, Ltd.) | Cooking, Food & Wine
Registered by Megi53 of Danville, Virginia USA on Wednesday, March 17, 2004

status (set by futurecat): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Megi53 from Danville, Virginia USA on Wednesday, March 17, 2004

This book didn't work for me because all of the recipes finished after 2 to 6 hours in the crockpot. I bought it (at the Dollar Tree) because I wanted to put a meal in the crockpot and come home 8 hours later to eat it.

Fortunately, a bookcrosser sent me some good crockpot recipes, so now I can mark this book available.

Journal Entry 2 by Megi53 from Danville, Virginia USA on Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Mailed in M-bag on ship to newk!

Journal Entry 3 by wingnewkwing from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Friday, October 22, 2004

I shall have a go at some of them and see how I do. I enjoy cooking and have heaps of cook books and like all Bxers want MORE!!
If it doesn't work out I am on the list for a cook book box. I hope it still gets to me. I have yet to hear back from the organiser about a certain fellow member (megi will know of what I talk)
MMM I too am unsure of how eight hour recipes will go.
And a big thanks to Megi53

Journal Entry 4 by wingnewkwing from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Sunday, October 24, 2004

The book came for a ride today when I posted some books to Libertine101. The package includes the cat book from the M bag.

Journal Entry 5 by wingnewkwing from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Sunday, October 24, 2004

Had a bit of a look over Adelaide from a well known vantage point

Journal Entry 6 by wingnewkwing from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Sunday, October 24, 2004

Then off to show the traveller one of Adelaide's signature dishes: The Pie Floater. This pie is actually covered in the pea sauce instead of floating, but I am sure you get the idea.

show us your town challenge. thanks to bookczuk

Journal Entry 7 by wingnewkwing from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Sunday, October 24, 2004

A minute or two later. YUM. Floaters are traditionally eaten very late at night after alcohol consumption. Often at a pie cart. There are three such carts that I know of. Must get a photograph to show you one day

Journal Entry 8 by wingnewkwing from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Sunday, November 14, 2004

This book attended the Australian bookcrossing convention and I believe that it is loaded on the broom stick for the flight to NZ

Journal Entry 9 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, November 14, 2004

Received from newk at the wonderful BC-AUS convention (have I mentioned yet what a great time I had?). I haven't got a crock-pot, so I won't be able to make use of this book (pity, because some of the recipes look good), but I'll try and find somebody who has to pass it on to.

=+=

Journal Entry 10 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, November 27, 2004

Just to show that we're a bit more civilized about food in New Zealand than our neighbours across the Tasman (I always thought pie floaters were just a horrible urban myth until I saw newk's photographic evidence!), I took the book to our breakfast meetup this morning.

Here's awhina's breakfast:

Journal Entry 11 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, November 27, 2004

And here's Lytteltonwitch's (I didn't get in quick enough to get a photo while it was still in its pristine condition):

(If you're wondering where *my* breakfast is, so was I - they forgot my order, so I didn't get it until after everyone else had finished eating, by which time I was much too hungry to mess around taking photos of it!!!)

Journal Entry 12 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, December 10, 2004

This book seems destined to wander from meetup to meetup in a vain search for someone who actually has a crockpot to make the recipes with. It came to the picnic in the park today, and had a lovely time (with some very nice food and not a pie floater in sight - I think the book is almost recovered from the traumatic experience Newk put it through, but it might have to sit next to a few more good meals first), but still nobody wanted it :-(

We'll try again at the Dux on Tuesday...

=+=

Journal Entry 13 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Awhina finally succumbed to temptation and took the book home with her to try out a few recipes (though we still can't figure out why you'd want to make coffee in your crock-pot!)