corner corner Vector

by Robin Cook | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by merope33 on 10/6/2017

status (set by SqueakyChu): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by merope33 on Friday, October 06, 2017

Once upon a long time ago I read "The Andromeda Strain" and I remember it being really good read: thrilling, fast-paced, frightening. "Vector" is at best a pale shadow of all that, and I am being generous. A couple of skinhead white supremacists and a disaffected Russian emigre are working together to create a bioterror weapon and plan to release it in NYC. A pair of intrepid MEs race against the clock to stop them. Or, actually, they spend a lot of time not doing anything but fretting about their love lives and making poor personal choices. The writing is atrocious; the entire book reads like a high schooler's "what I did on my summer vacation" essay. The plot is driven by ridiculous coincidences. Everything is dreadfully cliche. Our main hero is a "rebel" who thinks rules are "guidelines" and who irritates his superiors at every turn because he feels they don't have his job dedication. We know he's cool because he rides his bike through New York traffic and plays "B-ball" with a bunch of neighborhood black dudes. The books' worst offense, though, is just that it's dreadfully dull and boring and awful. This copy clocks in at just under 400 pages and it felt much, much longer.

Journal Entry 2 by merope33 at Little Free Library of Twinbrook (#7720) - 5811 Vandegrift Avenue in Rockville, Maryland USA on Friday, October 06, 2017

Released 1 wk ago (10/6/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library of Twinbrook (#7720) - 5811 Vandegrift Avenue in Rockville, Maryland USA

Going to the LFL later today

Journal Entry 3 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Friday, October 06, 2017

Caught!

Thank you for sharing this book with the Little Free Library of Twinbrook (#7720). We appreciate your kindness.

My husband likes this author! I'm not sure about this book after reading your review, merope33, but I'll let him judge for himself. :D

*tosses this book onto my husband's To Be Read pile* :)