corner corner Christmas All Year Round! (Gift)Wrap-it-up Bookbox (UK only/under2kg)

Christmas All Year Round! (Gift)Wrap-it-up Bookbox (UK only/under2kg)
by Plum-crazy | Other
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 5/28/2017

status (set by Nataliec7): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 28, 2017

This book box will contain books that are Christmas "themed" in someway either by title, author or even by the cover pic. All books will be wrapped &
book's tagline will be written on the cover.

The box will be sent to the first player who will choose their book(s) from the tagline. Once picked you can unwrap & see what you've got - no need to wait for Christmas Day!

Then wrap a "Christmassy"book to replace each one you've taken out (Remember: books DO NOT have to be Christmas books just have a word in them that you associate with Christmas & you can wrap them in anything you like)
Don't forget to include the tagline/quote somewhere on the wrapping, then parcel up & send on to the next player.

I do have a few other rules which are:

1. There must be a minimum of 5 books in it. You can take out up to 4 books but you MUST send on one for each one you remove.. Feel free to add extra as long as....

2....the package weighs under 2KG. This is just to keep costs down. (Postage is currently at £2.90 second class for up to 2KG)

3 Please journal the date the bookbox is received (BCID will be in the box - please leave for next person!) & sent on & of course, journal any books you remove.

4 As a courtesy to other readers please only put in books that are in a decent condition.

5 Fiction only please.... any genre you like but try & mix the books you put in.

6 For interest it would be nice to know which quote(s) you chose....& what you added :o)

greenbadger
caroline-m
yorkshire-lass
3vie
Cross-patch
Nataliec7
Diane-Fraser
mysteriousmummy

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, July 01, 2017

Released 2 mos ago (7/1/2017 UTC) at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

On its way to greenbadger containing:

"Silent night.........deadly night......
"A sprinkling of festive cheer goes a long way"
"At Christmas anything can happen"
"One hitman. Two big problems"
"Two sisters. A lifetime of secrets. One terrible reckoning"
& "In sickness & in health.......till death us do part"

Journal Entry 3 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 06, 2017

What a beautifully-wrapped bookbox! Thank you very much!

Journal Entry 4 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Released 2 mos ago (7/11/2017 UTC) at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

Sent on to the next in the ring in roasting, un-Christmassy weather!

Journal Entry 5 by caroline-m at New Eltham, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, July 16, 2017

Received this yesterday, very exciting to be getting Christmas presents in July - what with Game of Thrones being back on the box this weekend it's all feeling slightly wintery at home - all apart from the warm weather of course :)

Will have a look through and make my swaps, and send on in the week.

Thanks for setting this up Plum!

Journal Entry 6 by caroline-m at Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, July 22, 2017

Selection and replacement made;

I chose "Two sisters. A lifetime of secrets. One terrible reckoning" which turned out to be 'Don't Close Your Eyes' by Holly Seddon - not read any of hers before and looks like an exciting read!

Replacing with "The most original thriller you'll read this year"

Journal Entry 7 by caroline-m at Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, July 24, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (7/24/2017 UTC) at Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom

Back off in the post today :)

Journal Entry 8 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, July 27, 2017

The box is safely with me,it may take me a week or so to deal with this as I'm having dental surgery today and I'm also in the middle or an RA flare up, I will sort it out as soon as I can.
Edit 15/08/17
I'm so sorry I've just realized that I sent this to the next person on the list without doing a JE-Bad Bookcrosser!!!!
I took out three books but I can't remember what was written on the front of each, they are.
Honeymoon With Murder by Caroline G.Hart
Blood on Snow by Jo Nesbo
Mistletoe Murder by Robin Stevens

Journal Entry 9 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Thursday, August 10, 2017

Box is with me👍 Will make my choices and get it on its way again soon

I chose "at Christmas anything can happen " which was It Must Have Been The Mistletoe by Judy Astly
"a sprinkling of festive cheer can go a long way " The Magic of Christmas by Trisha Ashley

"The queen of crime at Christmas time" Hercule Poirot's Christmas by Agatha Christie

I've replaced them with
"A funny festive read"
"Oodles of charm, it's pure escapism"
"A wonderfully haunting winters tale. Stop the clock and read in one sitting "

Journal Entry 10 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Thursday, August 17, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (8/17/2017 UTC) at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Off on its travels again

Journal Entry 11 by wingCross-patchwing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Here it is! All I have to do is choose my book shaped parcel and replace by another before I can send it on to Nataliec7! What fun!

Update
I chose 'Would he be home for Christmas? A heart warming story of love and loss' which turned out to be A Mistletoe Kiss by Katie Flynn. I don't know the author and it looks good to me. Thank you. The replacement is 'The pieces fit together very well indeed'

Journal Entry 12 by wingCross-patchwing at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Thursday, August 31, 2017

Released 2 wks ago (8/31/2017 UTC) at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Going to the next in line. I hope I have better luck with this box than the last, which came back to me twice! Fingers crossed.

Journal Entry 13 by Nataliec7 at West Molesey, Surrey United Kingdom on Saturday, September 02, 2017

Its with me! I need a couple of days to decide what to choose and will add my choice.
Will get this on within the next 2 weeks as a little busy!

Edit:3/9/17
Of course, I picked the book I had already read and enjoyed!
The tag line was: A wonderfully haunting winters tale. Stop the clock and read it in one sitting - The Winter Ghosts by Kate Mosse.
I still have to add a book to put in so will do that soon.