corner corner Some Old Lover's Ghost

Some Old Lover's Ghost
by Judith Lennox | Literature & Fiction
Registered by AlterEgoZoe of Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on 5/21/2017

status (set by AlterEgoZoe): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by AlterEgoZoe from Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, May 21, 2017

Found this in a LFL. To share.

Combining the eloquence and compassion of great English storytellers such as Rosamunde Pilcher and Joanna Trollope with a keen sense for how we reconcile the present by connecting to our past, Judith Lennox comes to America with this international bestseller.

Rebecca Bennett, thirty-one, financially strapped and reeling from a disastrous love affair, has just taken on the biggest project of her career: writing the biography of Dame Tilda Franklin, considered England's angel to needy children.

Mining the past of this distinguished child welfare activist, Rebecca is amazed to discover a history riddled with the passion and pain of mysterious kin and unpredictable love. Delving further into Dame Tilda's life, Rebecca finds parallels with her own experience and begins to regard this woman as a soul mate. Soon a romance blossoms between Rebecca and Tilda's grandson, Patrick, and she is drawn even closer to the family. Yet, just as their relationship begins to grow, Rebecca uncovers a family secret that threatens to destroy her newfound love.

Set against the stark beauty of the Fen country and peopled with memorable characters, Some Old Lover's Ghost is an addictive novel of tragedy, recovery, healing, and love that will raise you up and touch your heart.

Journal Entry 2 by AlterEgoZoe at Little Free Library in Portland, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, October 05, 2017

Released 2 wks ago (10/4/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library in Portland, Pennsylvania USA

Released for the Spook-Tacular October and the Tick Tock 2017 Challenges.

When he looked up again Tas had gone. Rising to join the others, he caught sight of something small and abandoned on the floor. "Tas you forgot your pipe." He picked it up and then saw words carved into the wood he had not seen before. Find the music, find the magic.
"Did you carve this?"
Tas did not turn. "Yes," he said, reluctantly. "I have to leave it."
"But, Tas, why?"
Tas squared his shoulders as though firming some resolve. But still he did not turn. "Because the shepherd said that it could only be used once. Thats why I can't get the pipe to play that song-or any song. I've used the magic." He took a deep breath and went on. "And he said that once I found the magic I had the pass the pipe on." he paused and then he did turn, a scamp's humor in his long brown eyes. "It's going to be a long winter. I'm going to leave it here for someone else to find."
"Snowsong" by Nancy Varian Berberick

Found a book? Find the magic! Welcome to BookCrossing!! If you are already a member, "Hello!", if you have only just found this lovely site, welcome!

Congratulations on finding a released BookCrossing book! You can now register on the site, if you want to. It's free to register, but of course you can remain anon. It's up to you!

If you do decide to join, please add me as your referring member, AlterEgoZoe. Thanks!

Most of all, enjoy the book, and enjoy BookCrossing!