corner corner The Marrying of Chani Kaufman

The Marrying of Chani Kaufman
by eve harris | Literature & Fiction
Registered by bookfrogster of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 5/13/2017

status (set by LittleSuz): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by bookfrogster from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, May 13, 2017

Picked up at random in a charity shop because I thought it looked interesting.

Journal Entry 2 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, May 20, 2017

I really enjoyed this book. I think it was the well-written characters which made it so good. It would have been very easy for the author to depict some of the people in it as 2 dimensional stereotypes, instead they felt like real people. I also thought the writer managed to avoid it becoming a book "dealing with an issue" which is always the path to an un-engaging story in my experience.
I hope the next reader enjoys it as much as I did.

Journal Entry 3 by bookfrogster at Charlotte Square in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, August 14, 2017

Released 4 mos ago (8/13/2017 UTC) at Charlotte Square in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Set free at the Edinburgh Book Festival Old Gang Meet up. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by wingLittleSuzwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, September 15, 2017

Picked up last month at the Book Festival Meetup but not journal until now. Thanks Bookfrogster!