corner corner Team Human

Team Human
by Justine Larbalestier, Sarah Rees Brennan | Literature & Fiction
Registered by melydia of Centreville, Virginia USA on 5/6/2017

status (set by melydia): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by melydia from Centreville, Virginia USA on Saturday, May 06, 2017

Picked this up at the dollar store. Looks entertaining.

Registered in Centreville, Virginia, USA.

Journal Entry 2 by melydia at Centreville, Virginia USA on Friday, September 01, 2017

Francis the vampire has decided to attend high school, and Mel's best friend Cathy is smitten. This is not okay with Mel, who has never been a fan of the room-temperature blood suckers. However, in her efforts to pull the two apart, Mel stumbles upon a much bigger story, one that leads her right into the heart of the vampire neighborhood. This book is clearly written by lovers of the vampire romance who fully accept and embrace its flaws. It pokes fun at all the tropes and gave me quite a few giggles, but it's never a mean-spirited takedown of the genre as a whole. In short, if you like vampire stories but don't take them too seriously, this is a whole lot of fun.

A note on this edition: I found this at the dollar store, where the books are pretty much all overstock. I think the cover art did this one in. It was just stock photos of teenagers who didn't look at all like the characters (I assume) they were supposed to represent. If I didn't read the backs of so many of the books at the dollar store (far more than I do books at a bookstore with a larger inventory), I would have passed it over too.

Journal Entry 3 by melydia at Centreville, Virginia USA on Friday, September 01, 2017

Released 3 mos ago (9/1/2017 UTC) at Centreville, Virginia USA

Giving to my friend KateKintail for her TBR pile. I think this is the sort of book she'd like.