corner corner Marina

Marina
by Carlos Ruiz Zafon | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingmelydiawing of Centreville, Virginia USA on 5/6/2017

status (set by KateKintail): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingmelydiawing from Centreville, Virginia USA on Saturday, May 06, 2017

Found this at the dollar store. I haven't read any Zafon before, but I have two of his books on my TBR pile and figure if I end up liking those then I'll kick myself for missing this opportunity later, but on the other hand, if I don't like them and decide not to read this, there are loads of Zafon fans out there I could pass this along to.

Registered in Centreville, Virginia, USA.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmelydiawing at Centreville, Virginia USA on Friday, January 12, 2018

A deliciously gothic tale about Oscar, a boy in Barcelona who meets a girl named Marina and her father Herman in an old, falling-down mansion. One night when Oscar and Marina are walking in an old cemetery, they spy an old woman in black setting a rose on an unmarked grave. This ends up leading them to a series of strange people in strangers situations, including some pretty terrifying monsters. I really enjoyed this one. It's a little predictably tragic, but it works - that's just the kind of book this is. The imagery is fantastic and the characters are fascinating. Definitely going to be picking up more Zafon.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmelydiawing at Centreville, Virginia USA on Friday, January 12, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (1/13/2018 UTC) at Centreville, Virginia USA

Passed along to KateKintail, who loves Zafon but has not read this one.

Journal Entry 4 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Sunday, January 14, 2018

melydia gave me this book because she knows Zafon is one of my favorite authors and this is one of his only books I haven't read!