corner corner In The Walnut, Vol. 1 (Yaoi)

In The Walnut, Vol. 1 (Yaoi)
by Toko Kawai | Graphic Novels
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 5/2/2017

status (set by eponine38): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, May 02, 2017

I've enjoyed other manga by this author, including Loveholic and Cafe Latte Rhapsody, so when I saw this fair-condition softcover at the Pepperell MA library's ongoing book sale I had to pick it up.

In an interesting twist from most yaoi manga, this one's focused on the main character's job - he runs the art gallery "In the Walnut" and in addition to buying and selling, does restorations. He's in a relationship with an aspiring filmmaker, and their romantic ups and downs are part of the story, but there's more focus on the paintings - forgeries, con artists, and other factors come into play, and keep things interesting.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, February 24, 2018

Released 3 wks ago (2/24/2018 UTC) at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

I'm taking this to this afternoon's BookCrossing meetup at Panera in Porter Square, Cambridge; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Wine+Food Release Challenge. ***

Journal Entry 3 by wingeponine38wing at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, February 25, 2018

Orphaned at the meetup; will find a new release spot!