corner corner Bystanders (SFWP Literary Awards)

Bystanders (SFWP Literary Awards)
by Tara Laskowski | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingSqueakyChuwing of Rockville, Maryland USA on 5/3/2017

status (set by melydia): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingSqueakyChuwing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Wednesday, May 03, 2017

This book was a gift from the founder of Santa Fe Writers Project in return for reading this book and writing an honest review. Thank you for this book!

Journal Entry 2 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, August 19, 2017

What a collection of unsettling stories! Each gives a glimpse into someone's life, but what is exposed is not always comfortable. In one story, a woman looks at her own baby's monitor and sees the baby of a neighbor. In a second story, a lady gets a letter from her husband who she thought had died eight years previously. In yet another story, a man who constantly scares his mistress causes her to in turn scare his wife. If this sounds bizarre, it is. If you might be curious as to what happens in these stories and more, consider reading this book!

Journal Entry 3 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, August 19, 2017

Released 3 mos ago (8/19/2017 UTC) at Alexandria, Virginia USA

I'm releasing this book at the August 2017 BCinDC meetup at ResQGeek's house.

Hello and welcome to BookCrossing ... where we make the whole world a library!

Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 4 by melydia at Centreville, Virginia USA on Saturday, August 19, 2017

Squeakychu insisted I take this at today's BCinDC meetup, so I did. No idea when I'll get to it, but it looks like it could be good. I'm not a huge fan of short stories in general, but short horror stories are often the best kind of horror.