corner corner A God in Ruins: A Novel

A God in Ruins: A Novel
by Kate Atkinson | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 4/28/2017

status (set by GoryDetails): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, April 28, 2017

I found this fair-condition softcover in a charming Little Free Library in Westford, MA, while dropping off some books of my own. I enjoyed Atkinson's Life After Life, and had been wanting to read this book, a kinda-sorta sequel (it's complicated!) about Teddy, brother of the protagonist of the previous novel.

Later: While this novel doesn't use the reliving-the-life format of the previous book, it does use asynchronous storytelling - and there's a kicker near the end that... I can't really talk about without spoiling it, but it did impress me. While I didn't love this one as much as the previous book, I was happy to spend more time with the family. (The author's note at the end describes how and why this novel came to be, and how it fits with the previous book.)

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, 4 Lake St in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, November 18, 2017

Released 3 wks ago (11/19/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library, 4 Lake St in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library this afternoon; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2017 E-less release challenge. ***