corner corner Contact

Contact
by Carl Sagan | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Cyberkedi of Atlanta, Georgia USA on Monday, March 15, 2004

status (set by Cyberkedi): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Cyberkedi from Atlanta, Georgia USA on Monday, March 15, 2004

Sagan's vision of our first contact with extraterrestrials. Basis for a decent movie.

Journal Entry 2 by Cyberkedi at Sent in the mail in Atlanta, Georgia -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, August 21, 2004

Released on Saturday, August 21, 2004 at Sent in the mail in Atlanta, Georgia Controlled Releases.

Sent to begin this bookring.

The order is as follows:

Carlissa
Helly77
dangerouswoman3
Pauloca
shellyann
Caligula03

Journal Entry 3 by carlissa from Miami, Florida USA on Friday, August 27, 2004

Received in the mail today! Will start reading right away. Thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by carlissa from Miami, Florida USA on Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Although I enjoyed the story, it tended to ramble and go off on tangents in a few parts.

Thanks for letting me read this. Will send to Helly77 tomorrow.

Journal Entry 5 by Helly77 from Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Received safely. Been looking forward to this one. Will get round to it right away!

Journal Entry 6 by Helly77 from Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Friday, October 29, 2004

My problem with this book was that I absolutely love the film!
No matter how hard I tried, Ellie was always Jodie Foster and Joss was always Matthew McConaughey!
The book is fine, a wee bit rambling in places, but the story I love is the adapted version for the film. There were just too many huge differences between the two for me to love the book.
I know its awful, but thats how I feel! :o(
I just wish it was more enjoyable for me.

Thanks for the chance to read it though - I'm off to watch the lovely Mr. McConaughey now though! ;o)

Will send on this week.

Journal Entry 7 by Helly77 at Bookring in to another bookcrosser, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Monday, November 01, 2004

Released on Monday, November 01, 2004 at about 11:00:00 AM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at Bookring in to another bookcrosser, By Post Controlled Releases.

Off to Portugal - Enjoy

Journal Entry 8 by Dangerouswoman from Porto - City, Porto Portugal on Friday, November 26, 2004

Received this week by the mail post!

Journal Entry 9 by Dangerouswoman from Porto - City, Porto Portugal on Monday, December 06, 2004

A very interessant story about a big girl that very soon became reading and grown up whit is strong of living.
She discovery many important things for the health of the humanitie.

Journal Entry 10 by Dangerouswoman at Encontro de bookcrossers in Porto - City, Porto Portugal on Monday, December 06, 2004

Released on Monday, December 06, 2004 at about 10:00:00 AM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at Encontro de bookcrossers in Porto, Porto Portugal.

To pass to Pauloca in the next meet up!

Journal Entry 11 by Pauloca from Coimbra (cidade), Coimbra Portugal on Saturday, January 08, 2005

I got it today but I am not going to read it, since I got another one at the bookrelay.
It's going over to shellyann.

Journal Entry 12 by Samendola from Rifle, Colorado USA on Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Just came in today's mail-its not what I thought it was. I will be contacting caligula03 and sending it to her.

Journal Entry 13 by caligula03 from Hayward, California USA on Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The book has arrived. I will read it as soon as I can. Thanks.

Journal Entry 14 by caligula03 from Hayward, California USA on Wednesday, March 02, 2005

When I saw the film I felt there was a lot left out. The film's narrative seemed disjointed and rushed. The book while it does fill in some of those glossed in details has its own pacing problems. After spending pages and pages explaining why something can't be done, this road block is suddenly gone. Then there's the ultimate "trip" to Vega is just as disappointing in the book (though certainly more coherent than the cinematic version).

Journal Entry 15 by caligula03 at on Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (3/19/2005 UTC) at

Returning the book ring home. :)

Journal Entry 16 by Cyberkedi from Atlanta, Georgia USA on Thursday, March 31, 2005

My bookring is now complete! The book arrived safely, and is now ready for another ring, a ray, or a wild release.

Journal Entry 17 by WSW-BC from London , Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, September 25, 2005

To be released for World Space Week - Thank you!

Journal Entry 18 by Cyberkedi at Java Monkey Coffee on Church St at E Ponce de Leon in Decatur, Georgia USA on Saturday, October 08, 2005

Released 8 yrs ago (10/8/2005 UTC) at Java Monkey Coffee on Church St at E Ponce de Leon in Decatur, Georgia USA

Released as promised for World Space Week.