corner corner Magic of Christmas

Magic of Christmas
by Trisha Ashley | Literature & Fiction
Registered by daffodil-2 of Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on 4/21/2017

status (set by mrsmontague): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by daffodil-2 from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Friday, April 21, 2017

This fair quality paperback was given to me by my friend Audrey W. for bookcrossing.
It tells the story of Lizzy who is on the verge of leaving her cheating husband when she finds herself widowed. Her friends offer a welcome distraction which includes lots of cooking and rivalry at the village show.

Journal Entry 2 by daffodil-2 at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Sunday, May 07, 2017

Released 6 mos ago (5/8/2017 UTC) at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book will be sent on to another bookcrosser c/o Royal Mail. I hope it travels on to find someone who enjoys reading it.

To the finder:-

to place on their shelves and discard the rest-so another bad release option.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 11, 2017

Daffodil-02 you are a little star ☆

I do enjoy these Christmassy books by Trisha Ashley & I haven't read this one...thank you so much :o)

Journal Entry 4 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 28, 2017

Having read other the books by this author I wasn't surprised to see the same format of recipes, romance & misunderstandings but as that was what I was in the mood for I wasn't disappointed (though I do wonder how many books can be written featuring a small village with a tradition of plays at Christmas!).....& how do these people fund all their baking? Never mind find time to work with all the bottling, pickling & jamming (one year of plum jam-making was all I coped with & years on I'm still finding the odd frozen gooseberry in the freezer).

All-in-all, it's a heart-warming tale & I have to admit that I did find the dialogue of the Mystery Play very funny, & despite it being set in Lancashire, I could hear it said in a thick Yorkshire accent, sounding just like my husbands gran did, "I am reet disappointed in thee Lucifer - I can hear it now :o)

Saving it to release as part of the Christmas in July Challenge :o)

Journal Entry 5 by wingPlum-crazywing at Christmas All Year Round! (Gift) Wrap-it-up Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, July 01, 2017

Released 4 mos ago (7/1/2017 UTC) at Christmas All Year Round! (Gift) Wrap-it-up Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Added to my Christmas All Year Round! (Gift) Wrap-it-up bookbox.

Released as part of the Challenge (#2)

Journal Entry 6 by wing3viewing at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Thursday, August 17, 2017

Chosen from xmas bookbox. I've a funny suspicion I may have already read this

Journal Entry 7 by wing3viewing at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (10/18/2017 UTC) at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Sending to MrsMontague for her phonebox book exchange

Journal Entry 8 by wingmrsmontaguewing at Kilburn, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 22, 2017

Gratefully received from 3vie for my new book exchange. Many thanks!

Journal Entry 9 by wingmrsmontaguewing at Horsley Book Exchange Phonebox in Horsley, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 22, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (10/22/2017 UTC) at Horsley Book Exchange Phonebox in Horsley, Derbyshire United Kingdom

Welcome to BookCrossing - the act of releasing and catching books and spreading our love of reading! It's addictive, fun and spam free!
- If you can, please register when and where you found this book. Using the BCID number from the BookCrossing label inside the front cover, log on to the site, then follow the instructions to make a brief journal entry. The person who released the book will be happy to know it's in safe hands!
- You can then read it if you wish. We'd be most grateful if you could leave it somewhere else for someone else to find afterwards.
You don't have to sign up to BookCrossing- your entry will just appear as an 'Anonymous Finder'. If you do join: please consider putting me, mrsmontague, as your referring member. Enjoy!