corner corner Janine Sutto: Vivre avec le destin

Janine Sutto: Vivre avec le destin
by Jean-François Lépine | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 4/12/2017

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, April 12, 2017

This is not an ordinary book: it's a BookCrossing book! BookCrossing books are world travelers - they like to have adventures and make new friends...and every once in a while they even write home to say what they've been doing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(Note: I am sadly monolingual and am guessing at languages & descriptions as best I can. Apologies if I'm getting it wrong.)

Oversized paperback from the 4-for-a-dollar shelf at Book-Off; this appears to be a biography (in French) of Canadian actress Janine Sutto, who just recently passed away.

I was going to use this for International BookCrossing Day, but I might save it for gypsysmom's Canada Days release challenge since I always have trouble finding enough books for that...and this one appears to fit the special theme too.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Little Free Library #48023 - Kaimuki (12th near Alohea) in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, July 09, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (7/9/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library #48023 - Kaimuki (12th near Alohea) in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Saturday, July 8, 2017: left in the LFL, which unfortunately was having a bad ant day. I tried to chase some of them away... (Larger photo here.)

Released for gypsysmom's Canada Days Challenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Please take a moment to make a journal entry and let this book's previous readers know that it's safe with you.

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow the further adventures of your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

(Think of it like Where's George for books: a little like geocaching or a treasure hunt - you can follow a registered book's journey every time someone makes a new entry. Some BookCrossers even leave books *in* geocaches!)

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!

UPDATE:

• Labor Day, 9/4/17: still there: I'll have to go back with more books at some point and switch out some of the reluctant travelers.

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, December 31, 2017

Reclaimed from the LFL; I'll try to find another home for this book.

Themes for Secretariat's 2017 Never Judge a Book By Its Cover Challenge (4th quarter):

Week 40: fall colors (red)

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing at McCully-Mo'ili'ili Library in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, January 07, 2018

Released 8 mos ago (1/6/2018 UTC) at McCully-Mo'ili'ili Library in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Saturday, January 06, 2018: left on the freebie table. I've seen books in English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, and Swedish there...so why not French?

(Larger photo here.)

Released for Secretariat's 2017 Never Judge a Book By Its Cover Challenge (week 52: 4th quarter re-do).

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!