corner corner The Pearl That Broke Its Shell: A Novel

The Pearl That Broke Its Shell: A Novel
by Nadia Hashimi | Literature & Fiction
Registered by tashclayton of Camden, Greater London United Kingdom on 4/29/2017

status (set by tashclayton): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by tashclayton from Camden, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, April 29, 2017

Sticking up with 20p books from my local neighbourhood bring & buy, I keep finding books I want to read myself, this being one of them. This one is a tale of two women in Afghanistan during the rule of the Taliban which I am sure will be fascinating.

Journal Entry 2 by tashclayton at Fleet Street in City of London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, October 21, 2017

Released 9 mos ago (10/21/2017 UTC) at Fleet Street in City of London, Greater London United Kingdom

I really enjoyed this book. The interweaving stories of Rahima & Shekiba demonstrating how hard, how full of drudgery, women's lives can be. Beautifully written too.

Taking along to the first London bookcrossing meet up in a while. Excited! The book will either be given to someone there, left in The Kinghts Templar, or somewhere on our walk afterwards.

Journal Entry 3 by wingSouthVillaswing at Camden, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, December 16, 2017

Released 7 mos ago (12/16/2017 UTC) at Camden, Greater London United Kingdom

Had a lovely dinner with Camden friends of the earth and handed a wrapped book to everyone to take home. This was one of those. I hope it is enjoyed.

Journal Entry 4 by tashclayton at Camden, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, December 16, 2017

Released 7 mos ago (12/16/2017 UTC) at Camden, Greater London United Kingdom