corner corner Paris For One

Paris For One
by Jojo Moyes | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingNu-Kneeswing of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 4/4/2017

status (set by Nu-Knees): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingNu-Kneeswing from Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 04, 2017

The Wyevale Garden Centre at Poppleton near York now has a bookshelf offering books in aid of the Marie Curie Cancer charity behind the tills, an addition which I hadn't noticed until our visit over lunchtime today.
I brought this one home with me because I've enjoyed several novels by this author previously and because, although Quick Reads are designed for light or non-readers and with a habit approaching 300 books a year that definitely isn't me, I have found other books in the series to be worth while. This looks like fun - and the donation was for a good cause!

Journal Entry 2 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, April 13, 2017

Yes, that was fun! Who wouldn't want to spend an hour or so having a vicarious adventure in Paris? :-)

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Village Hall in Grewelthorpe, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 21, 2017

Released 7 mos ago (4/21/2017 UTC) at Village Hall in Grewelthorpe, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Left on the bookshelves in the cafe area downstairs while enjoying an evening of English country dancing upstairs. Please be prepared to make a donation to village funds - thank you.

Released in honour of BookCrossing's 16th birthday! Happy Birthday, BookCrossing!

Well over a million people around the world give their books a unique BookCrossing IDentity number (BCID) before sending them out to find new readers. Since the start of the scheme in April 2001 nearly twelve million such books have been put into circulation. This is one of them!

Our hope is that we can track the progress of our books once they've left our hands - and that's possible if finders like you visit the website, key in the BCID and leave a comment, however long or short. It's fun, it doesn't have to cost anything, although the site always appreciates donations towards running costs, and you can remain anonymous if you wish. You don't have to join but if you do you'll be able to number and track your own books!