corner corner Little Black Lies

Little Black Lies
by Sharon Bolton | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingLamillawing of Minsk, anywhere Belarus on 3/23/2017

status (set by Edwardstreet): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingLamillawing from Minsk, anywhere Belarus on Thursday, March 23, 2017

Ordered from BWB for colour sweeps. Enjoy your wishlist book!

The book's journey continues by its finder's cooperation and creativity. By making a journal entry on this book, you can add to the book's story as it travels from reader to reader around the world.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Thursday, May 18, 2017

Thank you so much Lamilla, for this wishlist book :)
I've enjoyed other books by this author, so am looking forward to reading this one as well.

Journal Entry 3 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Friday, March 09, 2018

Amazon Editorial Review
In such a small community as the Falkland Islands, a missing child is unheard of. In such a dangerous landscape it can only be a terrible tragedy, surely...
When another child goes missing, and then a third, it's no longer possible to believe that their deaths were accidental, and the villagers must admit that there is a murderer among them. Even Catrin Quinn, a damaged woman living a reclusive life after the accidental deaths of her own two sons a few years ago, gets involved in the searches and the speculation.
And suddenly, in this wild and beautiful place that generations have called home, no one feels safe and the hysteria begins to rise.
But three islanders―Catrin, her childhood best friend, Rachel, and her ex-lover Callum―are hiding terrible secrets. And they have two things in common: all three of them are grieving, and none of them trust anyone, not even themselves.

I found the first two thirds of this book quite slow going. The story was a bit disjointed and I found it rather difficult to have any sympathy for Catrin, but it certainly improved towards the end and I was glad I stuck with it.

Journal Entry 4 by wingkeeta1wing at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, March 10, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (3/10/2018 UTC) at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases

Travelling to Edwardstreet :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingEdwardstreetwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Wednesday, March 14, 2018

In my PO Box. A popular author judging by wishlists but not read by me as yet. Perfect for the 666 challenge. Thank you.