corner corner Fairy Tales of Oscar Wilde: The Young King and The Remarkable Rocket

Fairy Tales of Oscar Wilde: The Young King and The Remarkable Rocket
by Oscar Wilde | Graphic Novels
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 3/17/2017

status (set by GoryDetails): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, March 17, 2017

I've gotten rather fond of Russell's illustrating style and have been picking up his books when I find them. I got this fair-condition ex-library softcover of this lovely illustrated version of a couple of Oscar Wilde's lesser-known stories from Better World Books.

I'd read "The Remarkable Rocket" before, but don't recall encountering "The Young King" - they make a nice pair, as "King" is rather intense and dark, with a strong spiritual theme, while "Rocket" is a sarcastically funny take on the sin of pride. The illustrations support and complement the stories, and while I'd always recommend reading Wilde's original text, this book is a nice introduction.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Kearsarge Way in Portsmouth, New Hampshire USA on Friday, April 21, 2017

Released 7 mos ago (4/22/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library, Kearsarge Way in Portsmouth, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the cute Little Free Library with the penny-covered roof at around 4 on this rainy day; hope the finder enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2017 Into the Wild release challenge. ***