corner corner Wild Ones, Vol. 1

Wild Ones, Vol. 1
by Kiyo Fujiwara | Graphic Novels
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 3/17/2017

status (set by GoryDetails): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, March 17, 2017

I got this good-condition paperback from Better World Books, while searching for books with "wild" in the title for an upcoming release challenge. It's a mildly-amusing romantic-comedy-type story, with newly-orphaned Sachie being taken in by her grandfather - who turns out to be the head of a yakuza gang. The many tough-and-tattooed guys in the house all seem delighted to have a new princess to obey - but it's the handsome-yet-aloof Rakuto who's her bodyguard. This gets rather odd, since it's obvious from the first page that these two will fall for each other, yet Sachie is clueless and Rakuto is... weird. While he may be justified in keeping his distance, what with her being the boss's granddaughter and all, he spends a lot of time picking her up bodily and carrying her around, while murmuring about her being his princess. So, yeah. (We get hints that he and Sachie met when they were very young, but she seems to have forgotten, and of course in stories like this he can't just say "Hey, remember that time when we were six, and..." It'd cut several volumes off of the story, so that's probably why they don't do it {wry grin}.)

I did like the fact that Sachie didn't want to be over-protected, but she's not always very clever about how to protect herself.
[There's a TV Tropes page on the series.]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Commercial St. (see notes for details) in Manchester, New Hampshire USA on Friday, April 21, 2017

Released 5 mos ago (4/21/2017 UTC) at Commercial St. (see notes for details) in Manchester, New Hampshire USA

I plan to leave this book, bagged against the elements, somewhere near the WMUR offices on South Commercial St. at around 1:30 or so. Hope the finder enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2017 Into the Wild release challenge. ***