corner corner The Secrets of Happiness

The Secrets of Happiness
by Lucy Diamond | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingNu-Kneeswing of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 3/15/2017

status (set by Blower): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingNu-Kneeswing from Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 15, 2017

I treat Lucy Diamond as a bit of a guilty pleasure. Her light and easy novels are ideal for lazing around on holiday or when feeling under the weather or whatever . . .
I found this one I hadn't read in the Age Concern (UK) charity shop in Starbeck this afternoon.

Journal Entry 2 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 19, 2017

The lovely story of two step-sisters coming to know and appreciate each other in a new and closer way after the elder one is mugged and needs practical help while her injuries heal.

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 24, 2017

Released 8 mos ago (3/24/2017 UTC) at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

To my friend and neighbour Blower - enjoy!

Well over a million people around the world give their books a unique BookCrossing IDentity number (BCID) before sending them out to find new readers. Since the start of the scheme in April 2001 more than eleven million such books have been put into circulation. This is one of them!

Our hope is that we can track the progress of our books once they've left our hands - and that's possible if finders like you visit the website, key in the BCID and leave a comment, however long or short. It's fun, it doesn't have to cost anything, although the site always appreciates donations towards running costs, and you can remain anonymous if you wish. You don't have to join but if you do you'll be able to number and track your own books!

Journal Entry 4 by Blower at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 21, 2017

From my friend and neighbour Nu-Knees.

I haven't read anything by Lucy Diamond before but really enjoyed this book. It had a definite feel good factor and lifted the spirits. No nasty bits - except for Rachel's mugging.
I passed this to my daughter-in-law who needed a cheerful book to read.

Journal Entry 5 by Blower at York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 21, 2017

Released 8 mos ago (4/20/2017 UTC) at York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Passed to my daughter-in-law in York