corner corner Founding Brothers: The Revolutionary Generation

Founding Brothers: The Revolutionary Generation
by Joseph J. Ellis | History
Registered by melydia of Centreville, Virginia USA on 3/14/2017

status (set by melydia): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by melydia from Centreville, Virginia USA on Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Found in a Little Free Library in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Looks interesting. On this copy someone attempted to label the portraits on the front cover in pencil. Washington, Franklin, and Burr are all correct; Jefferson is labeled Hamilton; Hamilton is labeled Madison; and Adams and Madison aren't labeled at all.

The label in this book commemorates Whiteraven13, who was an avid history lover. I miss her.

Registered in Centreville, Virginia, USA.

Journal Entry 2 by melydia at Centreville, Virginia USA on Friday, June 23, 2017

This took me a very long time to finish. For some reason my mind kept wandering, meaning I had to go back and reread paragraphs multiple times before they stuck. And it's not that it was boring - just not especially engrossing. Each chapter can more or less stand on its own, covering different events: the Hamilton/Burr duel, the Jefferson/Adams friendship, etc. It was interesting to read about America's uncertain beginnings, and to be reminded that partisan politics have been entrenched since Washington stepped down, but it didn't go into enough depth for me to really get a lot out of it.

Journal Entry 3 by melydia at Starbucks (Frontier Drive) in Springfield, Virginia USA on Sunday, June 25, 2017

Released 5 mos ago (6/25/2017 UTC) at Starbucks (Frontier Drive) in Springfield, Virginia USA

Taking to today's BCinDC meetup. If no one claims it, it'll go on the OBCZ shelf.

Welcome to BookCrossing!