corner corner The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Illustrated Junior Library)

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Illustrated Junior Library)
by Mark Twain | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 4/9/2017

status (set by GoryDetails): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, April 09, 2017

I found this good-condition hardcover at the ongoing book sale in the Dunstable Massachusetts library. It's a 2003 edition , but looks to be a facsimile of the 1940s edition I recall reading as a kid, complete with font selections and the black-and-white and occasional color illustrations.

It is, of course, a well-known classic, one that was taught in school when I was a kid - which may be one reason why I don't love it {wry grin}. Oh, it has a lot to recommend it, and I did enjoy the story, but it's far from my favorite of Twain's works. It has inspired several screen adaptations and a musical theater version - and even an anime!

[There's a TV Tropes page on the book and several of its adaptations, with some entertaining tidbits.]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Commercial St. (see notes for details) in Manchester, New Hampshire USA on Friday, April 21, 2017

Released 6 mos ago (4/21/2017 UTC) at Commercial St. (see notes for details) in Manchester, New Hampshire USA

I plan to leave this book, bagged against the elements, somewhere near the WMUR offices on South Commercial St. at around 1:30 or so. Hope the finder enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for International BookCrossing Day! ***