corner corner Look Me in the Eye

Look Me in the Eye
by John Elder Robison | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by wingmarmee463wing of Templestowe, Victoria Australia on 3/10/2017

status (set by marmee463): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingmarmee463wing from Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Friday, March 10, 2017

Sometimes a book comes along at just the time it is needed in your life, for me this is one of those books.
It is a well written, candid memoir in which John Elder Robison gives the reader an insight into the world of autism from a first hand basis. He has successfully achieved a good life including all the elements - happiness, financial security, continuing caring relationships etc while living his life according to his pronounced gifts rather than his potentially crippling limitations, both a product of having Asperger's Syndrome. According to John "As more first hand accounts of lives like ours emerge, I sense we are on the brink of many exciting discoveries about Autism and Asperger's" (page 208).
My relatively recent experience with a person with Autism has certainly been somewhat of a roller coaster ride. Armed with the knowledge and understanding I have gathered from reading this memoir and others such as Donna Williams autobiography; Nobody, Nowhere, I now look forward to continuing the ride without fear.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmarmee463wing at Degani in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Friday, November 10, 2017

Released 1 wk ago (11/10/2017 UTC) at Degani in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

For the meet-up.

To the finder of this book -
Please let me know it is in safe hands by journalling that you have caught it, you are under no obligation to read it and Bookcrossing is completely anonymous.