corner corner True Colours

Take me home!

True Colours
by Nicola Cornick | Romance
Registered by wingPoodlesisterwing of Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on 11/7/2017

status (set by rainbow3): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by wingPoodlesisterwing from Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Bought in the British Heart Foundation charity shop in Walthamstow.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, November 10, 2017

An undemanding and entertaining read.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPoodlesisterwing at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Monday, March 12, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (3/13/2018 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

A Regency romance RABCK!

Hello!
Happy Bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 4 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, March 18, 2018

Gracious, I am reeling, a RABCK box full of REGENCY NOVELS has returned home with me from my local post office sorting depot - YAHOO! Indeed, Poodlesister we all need some escapist reading from time to time – many thanks for this box of ten!

Journal Entry 5 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Book burble: They had shared a past…The first person the Marquis of Mullineaux chances to meet upon his return to England was the very last person he wants to see – Lady Carberry, the woman who had scandalized the haute ton by breaking off their engagement. She is just as displeased to meet the man who had sacrificed her reputation to save his pride.

Now they had to deal with the present before they could share a future… Thrown together by circumstance, Alicia and James find themselves constantly at war with one another. James is determined to discover the truth about their past. Only then does he also discover that behind their anger lay a passion that has never died.

TRUE COLOURS by NICOLA CORNICK (1998) | ISBN: 0263807878 / 9780263807875 (UK PB) | Publisher: Mills & Boon Historical

Journal Entry 6 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Dependably intriguing plotting from Cornick as usual, characters to care about and a wonderfully light and pleasingly warm touch to the romantic mishaps here. Not as much sizzles as Cornick’s later work but with more than a touch of gothic melodrama which makes this a fun read and just what I need just now. There is a publication date of 1998 for this but a curiously 60/70s illustration, mmm curious?

Oh, now that’s interesting, just checked and it appears TRUE COLOURS is Cornick’s first publication, and the first of two set in Somerset, the second being THE LARKSWOOD LEGACY (1999). Fairly certain I released a bookcrossed copy of that in Orkney a number of years ago? My records can tell me more meanwhile I’m inspired to send this to Somerset when I get a bookbox idea together!
---------------------

Bet you know Poodlesister who this will be heading toward…