corner corner No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency

No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency
by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction
Registered by asia_be_es of Uccle / Ukkel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on 3/3/2017

status (set by asia_be_es): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by asia_be_es from Uccle / Ukkel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Friday, March 03, 2017

This first novel in Alexander McCall Smith’s widely acclaimed The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series tells the story of the delightfully cunning and enormously engaging Precious Ramotswe, who is drawn to her profession to “help people with problems in their lives.” Immediately upon setting up shop in a small storefront in Gaborone, she is hired to track down a missing husband, uncover a con man, and follow a wayward daughter. But the case that tugs at her heart, and lands her in danger, is a missing eleven-year-old boy, who may have been snatched by witchdoctors [www.goodreads.com]

Journal Entry 2 by asia_be_es at Uccle / Ukkel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Friday, March 03, 2017

I bought it in the Oxfam bookshop in Vanderkindere street. I'm fond of the writer and I liked the books about Precious I read.

May 31, 2017
I really enjoyed the reading. It's the proof that you can tell interesting stories and say important things using simple words.

Journal Entry 3 by asia_be_es at --ergens / quelque part / somewhere in Brugge, West-Vlaanderen / Flandre Occidentale Belgium on Sunday, August 13, 2017

Released 1 wk ago (8/13/2017 UTC) at --ergens / quelque part / somewhere in Brugge, West-Vlaanderen / Flandre Occidentale Belgium

Enjoy your reading and help to continue the journey!

52 towns in 52 weeks challenge 2017 #27