corner corner Random Bookbox

Random Bookbox
by Various | Unknown
Registered by Flutterbies9 of Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on 3/3/2017

status (set by Flutterbies9): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by Flutterbies9 from Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Friday, March 03, 2017

This is a small bookbox containing a selection of random genres.

Journal Entry 2 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Friday, March 03, 2017

Instructions for this bookbox are in the original Forum thread. However, this is now ready to set off on its travels to :

Cfreckle
KaleLewin (asked to be skipped at present)
Yorkshire-lass
Cross-patch
3vie
Plum_crazy (moved down by request)
Diane-Fraser
PinnieB
caroline-m
foreternity
T_richardson_x
back to me (Flutterbies9)<----- (Round 1 completed)

quadrat (removed as appears to have left Bookcrossing)

and contains a range of books including :

http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/6780936 (The Full Cupboard of Life by Alexander McCall Smith)
http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/13312439 (The Forever Kiss by Angela Knight)
http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/11375361 (Love and War in the Appenines by Eric Newby)
http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/10244551 (A Black Romance by Viviane Moore)
http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/8499587 (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows)
http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/3728372 (A Philosophical Investigation by Philip Kerr)

Hope you find something different to try.

Journal Entry 3 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, March 06, 2017

The postwoman delivered this to me this afternoon. I shall have a look through and decide what I'm going to do and then post it off in the next couple of days when I next take a trip out to the post office xx

Thank you for letting me be involved.

Journal Entry 4 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, March 30, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (3/31/2017 UTC) at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom

Posting on to the next person on the list.

I hope you find something amongst these books that you like xx

Journal Entry 5 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 04, 2017

The box is now safely with me, I will try to get it on its way again as soon as I can.

Journal Entry 6 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, April 06, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (4/6/2017 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

On its way to Cross-patch :-)

Journal Entry 7 by wingCross-patchwing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, April 17, 2017

Arrived last weekend as we were about to drive off to the Lakes for my son's wedding! Thank you Yorkshire-lass. I'm rummaging through now, adjusting additions to get the weight right and then I hope to get it on its way again.

Journal Entry 8 by wingCross-patchwing at to the next participant, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Friday, April 21, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (4/20/2017 UTC) at to the next participant, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

I hope you find something to your liking.

Journal Entry 9 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Box is with me now. Will have a look through and get it traveling again soon

Journal Entry 10 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Monday, May 08, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (5/8/2017 UTC) at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Posted to the next person this morning

Journal Entry 11 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 10, 2017

The books are with me....& what a lovely varied mix to pick from!

As I am in the luxurious position of having the afternoon to myself I'll get my choices made, pm the next in line & move it on asap :o)

Journal Entry 12 by wingPlum-crazywing at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Friday, May 12, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (5/12/2017 UTC) at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

On it's way to Diane-Fraser :o)

Journal Entry 13 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Friday, May 19, 2017

Hubby picked up from post office today. Thanks :-)

Journal Entry 14 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Monday, May 22, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (5/22/2017 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

I tried taking out four and replacing with five but it made it over the 2KG. I was going to leave it at four out and four in, still couldn't get scales to balance. Oh go on then five out and five in ;-)

Asked hubby to post for me today so hopefully it's on its way now, if not will be tomorrow.

Journal Entry 15 by PinnieB at Stourbridge, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, May 25, 2017

Thank you Diane, the box is safely with me now, received today (25.5.17). There's a nice variety of books to choose from! Thanks for including me.

Journal Entry 16 by PinnieB at Stourbridge, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 07, 2017

CONTROLLED RELEASE NOTES

I have enjoyed being a part of this book box circulation. I read 3 of the books and returned back to the box, and have taken 3 books out to read in the future and put 3 back in. I have posted the box on to the next book crosser on the list. What a wonderful thing to be a part of!

Journal Entry 17 by caroline-m at New Eltham, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Thanks for organising Flutterbies9, looking forward to picking a couple to keep and then sending on :)

Journal Entry 18 by caroline-m at Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (6/28/2017 UTC) at Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom

Sent on to the next participant today!

Journal Entry 19 by foreternity at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, July 09, 2017

I have the book box, interesting selection! Hopefully I'll make my selection this week and get it in the post!

Journal Entry 20 by foreternity at -- By post or by hand --, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, September 18, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (9/18/2017 UTC) at -- By post or by hand --, Greater London United Kingdom

Sent to the next participant today!

Journal Entry 21 by T_richardson_x at Abercynon, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, September 23, 2017

Box is with me now, I'll be making my swaps and then it will be on it's way back home very soon!

Journal Entry 22 by T_richardson_x at Abercynon, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Released 11 mos ago (10/4/2017 UTC) at Abercynon, Wales United Kingdom

On it's way home!

Journal Entry 23 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Monday, October 09, 2017

Arrived home safely. Oooh the excitement of opening a box full of surprises!! Thanks to all involved for ensuring that this bookbox went around its participants safely and got back home to me.

However, it will not linger here long as there are more journeys on the horizon for it (though a new box has been procured as this one did well to make it back to me in one piece since it is somewhat the worse for wear).

Journal Entry 24 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Monday, October 23, 2017

Round 2 of this Bookbox is underway and is on its way to the first participant.
Please note : I have reused this BCID for the new round.

Participants :

PinnieB ----> Box currently here
3vie
Cfreckle
minnesota84
Cross-Patch (moved down the list by request)
Yorkshire-lass
Plum-crazy
Diane-Fraser
back to me (Flutterbies9)

Journal Entry 25 by PinnieB at Stourbridge, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, October 26, 2017

Thank you - I was delighted to receive the new book box yesterday. I shall make my selections and get it moving forward soon.

Journal Entry 26 by PinnieB at Stourbridge, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, December 21, 2017

Released 9 mos ago (12/21/2017 UTC) at Stourbridge, West Midlands United Kingdom

Hello, sorry for the delay, I have posted the book box to 3vie today, I hope it will arrive in time for Christmas. Two books out, three books in :)

Journal Entry 27 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Box is with me 👍�� Will make my choices and get it traveling again soon.

Journal Entry 28 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Saturday, December 30, 2017

Released 8 mos ago (12/30/2017 UTC) at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Posting to cfreckle today. Thanks for hosting flutterbies9.

Journal Entry 29 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 06, 2018

The postman delivered this box safely today. It looks like there as some interesting books inside. Thank you for including me in the round and also for the choice of all the other bits and pieces xx

Journal Entry 30 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (2/14/2018 UTC) at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom

I'm sending on to the next person on the list.

Journal Entry 31 by minnesota84 at Bathgate, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, February 17, 2018

Box with me now

Journal Entry 32 by minnesota84 at Bathgate, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, February 22, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (2/22/2018 UTC) at Bathgate, Scotland United Kingdom

Posted to Cross patch this morning

Journal Entry 33 by wingCross-patchwing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, February 26, 2018

Safe and sound in Leicestershire.

Journal Entry 34 by wingCross-patchwing at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Saturday, March 10, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (3/10/2018 UTC) at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

On its way to the next participant .

Journal Entry 35 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Now safely with me :-)

Journal Entry 36 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, April 05, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (4/6/2018 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

Now on its way to Plum-crazy.
Thanks for letting me take part and being so understanding about the delay in sending the box on.

Journal Entry 37 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, April 09, 2018

Box now with me - apologies for being the cause of the hold up but it's ready to go onto Diane-Fraser as soon as I can get to the PO :o)

Journal Entry 38 by wingPlum-crazywing at bookbox, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (4/10/2018 UTC) at bookbox, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

On its way to Diane-Fraser

Journal Entry 39 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Sunday, April 22, 2018

Picked up from neighbour.
Will sort and send back to flutterbies9 this week :-)

Journal Entry 40 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Sunday, May 20, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (5/21/2018 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Hopefully swapping out another book will ensure is below 2kg this time ☺

Journal Entry 41 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Wow, the last box out there has made its way home again safely. Thanks to everyone who took part and it is my intention that I will set up another random bookbox in July. Anyone wishing to take part please note that I will set up another Forum entry for a new random bookbox.