corner corner Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
by John Tiffany, Jack Thorne, J.K. Rowling | Plays & Scripts
Registered by wingLamillawing of Minsk, anywhere Belarus on 2/21/2017

status (set by hakkalina): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingLamillawing from Minsk, anywhere Belarus on Tuesday, February 21, 2017

I got a new copy to continue with the ring. I have the chance to read again my favorite moments, namely Snape's appearance in the alternative reality, Harry/Draco banter and some Scorpius/ Albus bits

Journal Entry 2 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Replacement copy for the ring http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/533131

14. Silver-Greece (UK) - done
15. hakkalina (Hungary) - here, 30.09
16. penelopewanders (Switzerland)
back to Lamilla please

Journal Entry 3 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Friday, March 10, 2017

Released 7 mos ago (3/10/2017 UTC) at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus

Sent from the local post office as a registered mail

You've found a travelling book. Hurray!
The book's journey continues by its finder's cooperation and creativity. By making a journal entry on this book, you can add to the book's story as it travels from reader to reader around the world.
Enjoy your reading!

Привет!
Спасибо, что нашли время зайти на сайт и сделать запись в журнале! Напишите, когда и где вы нашли книгу.
Перед тем, как попасть к Вам, она побывала в других уголках света. История ее путешествий записана на сайте, и теперь к ней добавился еще один пункт. Я очень рада, что она нашла нового читателя в Вашем лице.

Journal Entry 4 by wingbluezwuzlwing at Altdorf (Niederbayern), Bayern Germany on Monday, March 20, 2017

The book arrived on saturday and was waiting for me when I arrived back today. Thanks for sharing and sending it!
---
It's been some time that I read the books. Amazing, how easy it is to slip back into the magical world ... It's nice to hear again from Hogwarts and all those charakters you've spent so much time with.
I could have done with more of those wonderful "wizarding details" - but then, it's a play, so its up to the people who bring it onto the stage, isn't it?

Journal Entry 5 by wingbluezwuzlwing at Altdorf (Niederbayern), Bayern Germany on Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Released 5 mos ago (5/17/2017 UTC) at Altdorf (Niederbayern), Bayern Germany

The book is now well on its way to Lindasaurus. Thanks, Lamilla for sharing the book!

Journal Entry 6 by wingLindasauruswing at Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Saturday, May 20, 2017

Finally... Harry Potter arrived! I was really looking foward to this, as I have seen the book now in so many bookstores and always resisted to buy it, because I knew this ring was coming my way sooner or later.
Thanks for sending it!

Edit 22.05.2017:
Read the book over the weekend and just loved it! It was so nice to dive into this world, that I used to like so much. Also with me it has been quite some time since I read the books, but I could imagine everything so clearly from page one. I loved how the characters have developed and the jobs they have now. It's almost a pity that it's not a novel, because like bluezwuzel I would have loved a few more "wizarding details".
I was just wondering how you could produce this as a play on a stage - doesn't all the magic get lost or what kind of special effects did they use?
Anyway thanks a lot for letting me participate in this ring!

Journal Entry 7 by wingLindasauruswing at Seefeld, Bayern Germany on Saturday, May 27, 2017

Released 4 mos ago (5/31/2017 UTC) at Seefeld, Bayern Germany

The book travels on to the next reader!

Journal Entry 8 by SerendipityN at Wuppertal, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, June 02, 2017

Arrived today, thank you!

The bookmark is very pretty. :)

Journal Entry 9 by SerendipityN at Wuppertal, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, July 03, 2017

I really enjoyed the play. I was surprised how fast I got drawn into the world of wizards and witches again. It had been a while since I read the novels.

Thank you very much for organizing the ring, Lamilla!

Journal Entry 10 by SerendipityN at -- Per Post geschickt / Persönlich weitergegeben --, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, July 03, 2017

Released 3 mos ago (7/3/2017 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt / Persönlich weitergegeben --, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

On it's way to karneol. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 11 by wingkarneolwing at Nürnberg, Bayern Germany on Friday, July 07, 2017

Arrived today 😁 thank you so much for sharing and also for sending.

*************************************************************************

Of course I was through it in not more than two days once started reading :-D

But it was satisfyingly long for a drama script! I usualy read through a drama in max. 2-3 hours, even less. But then i realised this one is conceptualised to play on a whole day or two evenings. Great!!!

I did to me what I hoped it would: Brought me back in the wizardings world at once. I very much liked the idea of Harry's and Draco's sons becoming friends and their character development seemed quite convincing to me. Only when travelling back in time I would have wished for Albus to realise more and stronger by himself that his dad hasn't been the most popular kid at school during his time at hogwarts and the year of the triwizard tournament would have been the best year to prove that to Albus. I remember it as one of the worst years for Harry as he even was fighting with Ron. But anyway, it was good to be back :)

Journal Entry 12 by wingkarneolwing at to next participant, a ring/ray -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, July 20, 2017

Released 3 mos ago (7/20/2017 UTC) at to next participant, a ring/ray -- Controlled Releases

On the way again 😄

Journal Entry 13 by mysteriousmummy at Shefford, Bedfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, July 28, 2017

Brilliant arrived just as I am between books will read asap.

I loved being sucked back into the Potterverse, I could have read it all in one sitting but eeked it out for two days. I thought reading a book that was a script would be annoying but it wasn't because it came with the scene settings. All in all a must read for Harry Potter fans.

Journal Entry 14 by mysteriousmummy at A BOOKRAY , -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Released 2 mos ago (8/2/2017 UTC) at A BOOKRAY , -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Excellent book on its way to a new reader

Journal Entry 15 by wingTrojanhorsewing at Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 05, 2017

Received the book in the post yesterday and can't wait to start reading it. Thanks for sending it to me mysteriousmummy and for starting the ring Lamilla.

Journal Entry 16 by wingTrojanhorsewing at Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Oh Wow! What a joy to be back at Hogwarts! I read all the books a long time ago but started reading this the day after I had watched the final film on TV so had it all fresh in my mind.
Rowling is so clever! I loved the parallels between the two generations and drawing on key parts from the previous books. As others have said a bit more description would have been lovely but I guess I'll have to see it on stage to get the full effect.

I'll be sending this on to Silver-Greece in a couple of days.

Journal Entry 17 by wingTrojanhorsewing at Book ring, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Saturday, August 26, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (8/26/2017 UTC) at Book ring, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

I'm posting this out to Silver-Greece today.
Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 18 by Silver-Greece at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, September 02, 2017

Just arrived and I will start reading it immediately! Thank you for sharing

Journal Entry 19 by Silver-Greece at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, September 16, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (9/16/2017 UTC) at London, Greater London United Kingdom

By post to a fellow bookcrosser

Journal Entry 20 by winghakkalinawing at Budapest, Pest Hungary on Saturday, September 30, 2017

Arrived! Thank you so much! I am looking forward to reading it...