corner corner Hell Gate

Hell Gate
by Linda Fairstein | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingBooklover-IGBwing of Sankt Ingbert, Saarland Germany on 2/15/2017

status (set by Booklover-IGB): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingBooklover-IGBwing from Sankt Ingbert, Saarland Germany on Wednesday, February 15, 2017

The first 11 books of the series I read in German but from this one on there is no translation. So I'll take the original.

When the body of a congressman's misstress is found, Assistant DA Alex Cooper takes a close look at their secret affair. The high-profile investigation shocks New York society, but soon pales against news of a tragic shipwreck off the Manhatten coast.
Called to the gruesome scene, Alex discovers a connection between the seemingly unrelated cases: a young woman who drowned in the wreck and the congressman's murdered lover share the same tattoo, the brand of the man behind a people-trafficking operation.
Picking apart the fragile connection between the two victims, Alex finds a dark link to New York's powerful elite - and puts her life in mortal danger.

Journal Entry 2 by wingBooklover-IGBwing at Sankt Ingbert, Saarland Germany on Sunday, May 28, 2017

The original text is a bit rougher and more straight to point as the German translation. I like that a lot.
In this part of the series the "thing" between Mike and Alex (this romance or not-romance issue nobody knows if it ever will happen) gets named more directly as Alex is finally starting to think about it. I have to confess that the three main characters, Alex, Mike and Mercer, are the reason for me to read this series. I like these three very much and would read everything with them involved in.
The case itself (politicians with dirty secrets) was thrilling.

Journal Entry 3 by wingBooklover-IGBwing at Krimi-Thriller-Spannungsbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, January 07, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (1/7/2018 UTC) at Krimi-Thriller-Spannungsbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Das Buch macht sich in der 3. Runde meiner Krimi-Thriller-Spannungsbox auf die Reise zu neuen Lesern.