corner corner Angel (A Virago Modern Classic)

Angel (A Virago Modern Classic)
by Elizabeth Taylor | Literature & Fiction
Registered by RyeToast of Silver Spring, Maryland USA on 2/12/2017

status (set by melydia): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by RyeToast from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Sunday, February 12, 2017

This is a really good book. Great character study.

Journal Entry 2 by RyeToast at La Madeleine Bakery & Cafe in Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, February 12, 2017

Released 8 mos ago (2/12/2017 UTC) at La Madeleine Bakery & Cafe in Alexandria, Virginia USA

Released at local Washington area BC meet up.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmelydiawing at Centreville, Virginia USA on Sunday, February 12, 2017

Picked this up at today's meetup. Looks interesting.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmelydiawing at Centreville, Virginia USA on Friday, June 09, 2017

First off, the Elizabeth Taylor who wrote this book is not that Elizabeth Taylor. Just had to get that out of the way because that's what I thought at first. Anyway, this is the story of Angel, a terribly spoiled girl and generally horrible human being who spends half her time daydreaming while her mother toils away to support her, and the other half writing awful novels that, miraculously, get published and even sell fairly well despite being utter drivel. She's heartless and self-absorbed and watching her slow descent is surprisingly engrossing. (And maybe there's a little bit of satisfying schadenfreude in there too.) This not the sort of book I would have picked up on my own, but the writing was gorgeous enough to draw me in and want to find out what happens to Angel and the people pulled into her orbit. Surprisingly good.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmelydiawing at Starbucks (Frontier Drive) in Springfield, Virginia USA on Sunday, June 25, 2017

Released 3 mos ago (6/25/2017 UTC) at Starbucks (Frontier Drive) in Springfield, Virginia USA

Taking to today's BCinDC meetup. If no one claims it, it'll go on the OBCZ shelf.

Welcome to BookCrossing!