corner corner Hot Donut Salad

Hot Donut Salad
by Alison Cowell | Graphic Novels
Registered by HI77 of Fort Myers, Florida USA on 1/12/2017

status (set by 6of8): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by HI77 from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Thursday, January 12, 2017

This is a book of books,

to answer all the questions
no one ever asks.

Journal Entry 2 by HI77 at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Released 9 mos ago (1/24/2017 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

This lucky little book is part of Spacedog's Manga/Graphic novels bookbox! :D

This one is just WWWAAAAYYYYY too bizarre not to try it.

I agree, the cover is truly horrific and probably lost many a potential reader because of it, but if you ignore that and open the book, it's easy and funny reading. Nothing serious or involved, of course. Just good and wacky fun that keeps you turning the pages till the end. :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Thursday, March 23, 2017

Yes that's certainly a most ugly book cover, but okay I will try not to judge a book by its cover. I am looking for thin books to take with me on a trip for releasing, and this book fits the bill. Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 4 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Monday, April 03, 2017

Weird indeed. I can't say I like it, neither the artwork nor the stories. The monkey story is kind of cute, but it did take me a while to decipher the drawings to understand the story.

I will take this to the Oslo BC con to be released, as it's such a thin, light volume.

Journal Entry 5 by wingazukiwing at Bookcrossing Convention Oslo 2017 in St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Saturday, April 22, 2017

Released 6 mos ago (4/22/2017 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention Oslo 2017 in St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway

Hi! How wonderful you've found one of my books! Thank you so much for checking out the journal. I would really appreciate if you can take a moment to let me know you have it now. Trust me, it'll totally make my day to hear from one of my "wild" books.

Bookcrossing is a wonderful online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are also curious to see how far and wide our books can travel. I would appreciate if you can make a journal entry on this book so we know where the book has been. You don't have to set up an account.

Feel free to keep this book, return it to where you found it, or pass it on to the next reader. If you sign up as a member, you will hear from the book as it travels and gets journaled. Feel free to explore the BookCrossing site, and visit our forum to meet other booklovers. Membership is confidential, free, and spam-free. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by wingmelydiawing at Centreville, Virginia USA on Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Picked up at the 2017 BookCrossing Convention in Oslo, Norway. I confess, I only picked it up because it was (1) still leftover on Sunday when people were bagging up books for the release walk, (2) very slim and thus wouldn't weigh my suitcase down, and (3) a very quick read. It looks extraordinarily bizarre.

Also, I think it's kind of funny that I managed to pick up a book from the only other American at the convention. I guess it just wasn't meant to leave the USA. Not yet, anyway. :)

Journal Entry 7 by wingmelydiawing at Centreville, Virginia USA on Friday, September 01, 2017

A collection of random comics that, to be perfectly honest, I didn't like all that much. I'm not a fan of that style of art, and the plots, such as they are, make zero sense. I think they're supposed to be random/unexpected as a form of humor, but mostly I felt like I was looking at someone else's inside jokes. Should've given this one a miss, but it was so short I figured I might as well finish it.

Journal Entry 8 by wingmelydiawing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, October 15, 2017

Released 1 wk ago (10/15/2017 UTC) at Alexandria, Virginia USA

Bringing this to today's BCinDC meetup in Alexandria, VA. If nobody claims it, it'll be wild released nearby.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 9 by wing6of8wing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, October 15, 2017

This was just sitting on the table at my spot after I was walking around at meet-up. I need some wild release fodder for my upcoming trip that is beach-themed. This one has a picture of a man in what appears to be a bathing suit. Close enough.