corner corner Black: The Birth of Evil (The Circle Trilogy Graphic Novels, Book 1)

Black: The Birth of Evil (The Circle Trilogy Graphic Novels, Book 1)
by Ted DeKker | Graphic Novels
Registered by wingHI77wing of Fort Myers, Florida USA on 1/12/2017

status (set by nimrodiel): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingHI77wing from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Thursday, January 12, 2017

A back flip moment,

and you're somewhere that
is no where and everywhere at once.

Journal Entry 2 by wingHI77wing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (1/24/2017 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

This lucky little book is part of Spacedog's Manga/Graphic novels bookbox! :D

Oddly enough, this is one of those rare manga that's based off a written series. And I listened to the first book on an audiobook and found it very entertaining. Very religious themed but I let that pass by me as just another thread of the book.

I liked some of the concepts of it and it had decent tension. I thought it would fun to read the series but I haven't yet. This is one where I had a second copy of the first book. So even though I haven't read it yet, I can at least get this moving on! :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Saturday, February 11, 2017

Pulled from the manga and graphic novel book box.

Journal Entry 4 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Monday, May 15, 2017

I feel that if I had read the books this is based on I might have enjoyed it more. As it is the flipping back and forth between worlds kept me kind of confused. I like the idea that the main character is dream walking to two different worlds. However I didn't find it to work for me.

The art was a bit flat. To add to the confusion there were characters in both worlds that looked the same. I took a chance with this pick and I didn't enjoy it enough that I will finish the series.

Journal Entry 5 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Saturday, May 27, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (7/1/2017 UTC) at Evanston, Illinois USA

I am using this to seed a new graphic novel and manga book box.

Journal Entry 6 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Tuesday, December 12, 2017

This came back in my manga & graphic novel book box.

Journal Entry 7 by wingnimrodielwing at Little free library #44604 - Custer and Linden Place in Evanston, Illinois USA on Thursday, January 04, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (1/3/2018 UTC) at Little free library #44604 - Custer and Linden Place in Evanston, Illinois USA

Left in the little free library.