corner corner Me Cheeta: The Autobiography

Me Cheeta: The Autobiography
by James Lever | Humor
Registered by wingNu-Kneeswing of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 1/11/2017

status (set by Nu-Knees): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingNu-Kneeswing from Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 11, 2017

I don't know why I brought this home from the red telephone box community library/book exchange in Roecliffe this afternoon, except that it was very well stocked and I didn't like to leave one without bringing one away to make room .... a good excuse .... but why this book in particular? I have no idea, although it's hard to resist the cover photos of Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall (I think?) .... and the Daily Telegraph comment: 'A satirical masterpiece, a spoof of genius' .... we'll see ....

ETA: Having read various journal comments by people I know, including my younger daughter, on other copies of this book registered on BookCrossing, I now have little or no expectation of enjoying it! But I will give it a go - eventually!

Journal Entry 2 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 11, 2017

By the end of the first chapter I knew that this wasn't for me. Apparently this spoof is supposed to be terribly funny - but I didn't find it so, not my idea of fun at all . . . .

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Sainsbury's, Wetherby Road in Harrogate, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 21, 2017

Released 6 mos ago (4/21/2017 UTC) at Sainsbury's, Wetherby Road in Harrogate, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Left on the shelves in the porch with the other fundraising books. Please be prepared to donate 50 pence or more to their current charity: HELP, Harrogate Easier Living Project which provides support for older or vulnerable people and those with a disability to remain independent in their own homes.

Released in honour of BookCrossing's 16th birthday today. Happy Birthday, BookCrossing!

Well over a million people around the world give their books a unique BookCrossing IDentity number (BCID) before sending them out to find new readers. Since the start of the scheme in April 2001 more than eleven million such books have been put into circulation. This is one of them!

Our hope is that we can track the progress of our books once they've left our hands - and that's possible if finders like you visit the website, key in the BCID and leave a comment, however long or short. It's fun, it doesn't have to cost anything, although the site always appreciates donations towards running costs, and you can remain anonymous if you wish. You don't have to join but if you do you'll be able to number and track your own books!