corner corner Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit (Perennial Library)

Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit (Perennial Library)
by P. G. Wodehouse | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 1/9/2017

status (set by GoryDetails): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, January 09, 2017

I found this fair-condition paperback at a local thrift shop. I've enjoyed many of the "Jeeves" novels and stories, but hadn't come across this one before - even under its original US-edition title, Bertie Wooster Sees It Through. Apparently a good part of the plot hinges on Bertie's attachment to his new moustache, in the face of Jeeves' disapproval; I think we can all guess how that's going to turn out!

This book's loaded with classic Bertie banter, not to mention wacky schemes, confusions and upsets - I laughed a lot. I kept finding bits I wanted to quote, but they'd run into a good percentage of the entire text - and shorter bits don't convey the flavor. So I'll just say, read the book!

[There's a TV Tropes page on the series, with some entertaining tidbits.]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Old Bridge St. (see notes for details) in Pelham, New Hampshire USA on Friday, February 10, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (2/10/2017 UTC) at Old Bridge St. (see notes for details) in Pelham, New Hampshire USA

I left this book, bagged against the elements, on the guardrail near the historical marker for the Abbott bridge, at around 1; hope the finder enjoys it! [And that it doesn't get lost in all the snow!]

[See other recent releases in NH here.]