corner corner The Second Life of Amy Archer

The Second Life of Amy Archer
by R.S. Pateman | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 6/21/2017

status (set by daffodil-2): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Ten years ago she disappeared without a trace...now she's back.

On 31st December 1999, ten-year-old Amy Archer went missing from her local playground. Her body was never found and the lives of her parents, Beth and Brian, were torn apart. On the 10th anniversary of the disappearance, Beth is alone, still struggling with the enormity of her grief and the horror of not knowing the fate of her only child. But the fear and confusion have only just begun, and Beth's world is turned upside down when a stranger knocks on her door, claiming to know what happened to Amy.

Beth is introduced to a little girl who is the uncanny double of her missing daughter, who knows things that only Amy would remember: The name of her favourite toy, the place where she scratched her initials, what Beth likes for breakfast. But this can't be Amy, she hasn't aged a day...

Now Beth is forced to question everything she has ever believed in, and push her faith and her sanity to the limits, if she is to find out the truth about what happened to Amy.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 04, 2018

A gripping tale about a child who disappears only to reappear ten years later apparently reincarnated in another girl. Well, that's the story at it's simplest but trust me things are not so straightforward!

It's a book that just begs to be discussed but while there's so much I'd like to say about it, to do so would spoil it for future readers.

Whether you believe in reincarnation or not this is a compelling read - well it had me up into the wee hours as I couldn't bear to put it down 'til I'd finished it!

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at by Post, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (4/17/2018 UTC) at by Post, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

On its way to daffodil-2 ...look forward to hearing what you think about it!

Journal Entry 4 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, April 19, 2018

Received in a surprise parcel today along with 4 other books and some chocolate and a bookmark. Always love your parcels Plum. You spoil me! This one is from my wishlist-thanks very much.

Journal Entry 5 by daffodil-2 at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Review:-“up until half-way through this book I felt it was well-written and fairly believable but then big holes appeared in the plot. The extremely lengthy story dictated by Amy’s friend lasting 59 pages was annoying as to how it was written as well as horrifying to read. Some of the happenings in the book were very unlikely I think e.g the detail of the regression episode.
The story had a very unsatisfactory ending which I found confusing and annoying. I don’t think I’ll be looking for more titles by this author.

Journal Entry 6 by daffodil-2 at The Goat Inn in Skeyton, Norfolk United Kingdom on Sunday, July 08, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (7/8/2018 UTC) at The Goat Inn in Skeyton, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book was left tucked inside the Visitors book 📚 at the entrance to the pub/restaurant. It was a hot, sunny day and I enjoyed a delicious roast beef lunch with my husband.

To the finder:-

to place on their shelves and discard the rest-so another bad release option.