corner corner Character Makeover: 40 Days with a Life Coach to Create the Best You

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, December 31, 2016

I got this fair-condition softcover at a local Savers thrift shop. I'm fond of self-help books, and sometimes glean useful ideas from them, though I mostly read them for the entertainment value!

This one turned out to be much more Christian-faith-based than I'd expected from the cover, with - understandably enough - an emphasis on getting right with God as the first step towards any changes. (It also opens with much encouragement by the author to make use of her web site, sign up for regular encouraging e-mails, etc. - this was rather offputting to me, though it might appeal to others.)

I skimmed through the book to see if it included practical tips that appealed to me, but didn't find it to my taste. But I see that its online reviews are generally quite positive, so perhaps it will help someone else!

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Main St. (see notes for details) in Groton, Massachusetts USA on Monday, January 09, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (1/9/2017 UTC) at Main St. (see notes for details) in Groton, Massachusetts USA

I left this book inside Filho's Cucina on Main St. at around 1, while stopping by for lunch; hope the finder enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in Massachusetts here.]

*** Released as part of the 2017 New Year self-improvement release challenge. ***