corner corner The Fishermen

The Fishermen
by Chigozie Obioma | Literature & Fiction
Registered by FraukeRo of Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on 12/15/2016

status (set by Edwardstreet): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by FraukeRo from Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Thursday, December 15, 2016

Four siblings and a prophecy that will change their lives forever...

I really enjoyed this book that allowed me to get a glimpse of Nigeria. I liked how some historical events were woven into the story while it was still very much the personal story of Benjamin and his brothers.

Journal Entry 2 by FraukeRo at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Thursday, January 26, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (1/25/2017 UTC) at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden

Passed on at the meet-up, enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by lilith89 at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Friday, January 27, 2017

I think I will like this book alot 😀

Journal Entry 4 by lilith89 at Bookcrossing Convention Bordeaux 2018 in Bordeaux, Aquitaine France on Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (4/4/2018 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention Bordeaux 2018 in Bordeaux, Aquitaine France

I enjoyed this story alot. I highly recommend it!

Journal Entry 5 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bordeaux, Aquitaine France on Monday, April 23, 2018

Picked this up at the Bookcrossing Convention in Bordeaux - heard about it when it made the Booker list.

Journal Entry 6 by wingApoloniaXwing at Steglitz, Berlin Germany on Thursday, June 14, 2018

A good read, and deserving its place on the Booker list.
The first half sometimes felt like watching a train crash in slow motion. What superstition does to people... And the aftermath.
I also enjoyed reading about the background of the political situation in Nigeria in the 90s.

Journal Entry 7 by wingApoloniaXwing at Kaufbeuren, Bayern Germany on Friday, June 15, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (6/15/2018 UTC) at Kaufbeuren, Bayern Germany

Finished yesterday during a train journey south and posted to New Zealand today, for the wishlist tag game.
Hope you like it!

Journal Entry 8 by wingEdwardstreetwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Letter box surprise - thank you and thanks for the wee gifts tucked inside, They are really appreciated.