corner corner The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl, Book 2)

The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl, Book 2)
by Eoin Colfer | Teens
Registered by explorer1118m of Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey USA on 3/9/2004

status (set by eastbaybookmisr): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by explorer1118m from Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, March 09, 2004

avail.

Journal Entry 2 by explorer1118m at bookrelay in Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey USA on Thursday, March 18, 2004

Release planned for Friday, March 19, 2004 to bookrelay from Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey USA.

Journal Entry 3 by TemekuGirl from Temecula, California USA on Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Thanks for sending me this. I cannot wait to read it.

Journal Entry 4 by TemekuGirl at Temecula, California USA on Friday, January 21, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (1/21/2011 UTC) at Temecula, California USA

Sending as a RABCK. ENJOY!! :)

Journal Entry 5 by eastbaybookmisr at Oakland, California USA on Monday, January 24, 2011

Received in the mail today as a surprise piggyback (not yet specifically on my) Wishlist RABCK! Thank you!

2002 Miramax Hyperion trade paperback sequel to the first one, which was on my Wishlist, of the NYT Bestseller thriller fairy tale. Cover art by Tristan Elwell.

I can let this go after I read:
2001 Artemis Fowl [read 2011]

Edit March 28, 2012: Well, I have to say that I was a bit disappointed with this sequel. It is often just poorly written at certain points, and with many sloppy grammatical errors, which leads me to believe that it was rather poorly edited, in the rush to capitalize on the success of the first book. I found it diffiicult to follow the frequent jumps around between the various subsets of characters, as it becomes quite a bit of a muddle. And to make matters worse, arch-villain Artemis joins the good side, as do other *bad* characters partway through, thus negating all the tension of the story. And after a good start, the whole Artemis sub-plot gets completely buried until a quick resolution at the very end, almost like an after-thought. But as for good points, some previous minor charactes like Foaly get more prominence here.

Journal Entry 6 by eastbaybookmisr at Dublin, California USA on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (4/11/2012 UTC) at Dublin, California USA

... at the next meetup of TriValley BookCrossing group, at Panera Bread in Dublin, the second Tuesday of each month. Or the one after that, or the one after that, depending on when I next get out there from here.