corner corner Christmas Letters

Christmas Letters
by Debbie Macomber | Romance
Registered by wingcrossingguardmawing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 11/12/2016

status (set by sing-song): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingcrossingguardmawing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 12, 2016

From Amazon: Katherine O'Connor often spends her days at a cozy café on Blossom Street in Seattle—where she writes Christmas letters for other people. She's good at making their everyday lives sound more interesting. More humorous. More dramatic.

But for Dr. Wynn Jeffries, who also frequents the café, Christmas means lies and deception. In fact, the renowned child psychologist recommends that parents "bury Santa under the sleigh." Katherine, however, feels that his parenting philosophy is one big mistake—at least, based on her five-year-old twin nieces, who are being raised according to his "Free Child" methods.

She argues with Wynn about his theories, while he argues that her letters are nothing but lies. They disagree about practically everything—and yet, somehow, they don't really want to stop arguing.

As the days—and nights—move closer to Christmas, Katherine and Wynn both discover that love means accepting your differences. And Christmas is about the things you share….

Journal Entry 2 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 12, 2016

Just the book I needed! A light fluffy Christmas book!

Journal Entry 3 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 12, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (11/12/2016 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this book to our monthly bookcrossers meet up at Cravings - the second Saturday of every month- to pass on to the next reader.

Journal Entry 4 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, November 13, 2016

Picked this up at the November BookCrossing meeting. Looking forward to starting my Christmas book binge.

Journal Entry 5 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 07, 2017

Typical Christmas book with a feel good ending.

Journal Entry 6 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 14, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (1/14/2017 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this to the January BookCrossing meeting to be enjoyed by the next reader.

Journal Entry 7 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, January 15, 2017

Picked this up at the January BookCrossing Calgary meetup. We had 9 members including one new member... Lots of great books and as always I came home with too many including this one. I am adding it to the TBR shelf.

Journal Entry 8 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 13, 2018

Alright, this book deserves more than a 5/10 but one plot point just drove me nuts. So nuts that it took me out of the story, which other than this was good. I don't want to give too much away but the whole "Free Child" plot was absolutely useless and would have been proven so long before Katherine came into the picture. I was very disappointing in the author for tying it up the way she did. I was thinking Katherine was going to finally read the book and realize that her sister was interpreting it wrong, this would have made the book way better as this whole idea makes Wynn seem like an absolute idiot and if that is the case why would Katherine be at all interested.

Journal Entry 9 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 13, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (1/13/2018 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this back to the January meetup where it will hopefully go home with a new reader.

Journal Entry 10 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 13, 2018

Picked this up at the January meetup at Cravings to hold to read for next Christmas.