corner corner The Cat Who Came For Christmas

The Cat Who Came For Christmas
by Cleveland Amory | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by wingPoodlesisterwing of Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on 11/10/2016

status (set by redfox5): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingPoodlesisterwing from Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, November 10, 2016

Bought in Sue Ryder Charity Shop, Walthamstow.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, November 25, 2016

Better written than a lot of cat biographies. I liked the cat facts as well as the story of this cat rescue and the development of the relationship between cat and "owner".

Journal Entry 3 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Secret Santa, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Friday, November 25, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (11/30/2016 UTC) at Secret Santa, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Off to my 100% Secret Santa partner who I know likes cats.

Hello!
Happy Bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 4 by kingfan30 at -- Somewhere in Lincs, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Sunday, December 25, 2016

Thank you for the books and gifts, you are very generous. Funnily enough I'm currently reading the Puppy that Came for Christmas

30 Dec 17 - As a cat lover and having three cats I always feel inclined to pick up a book about one. I was a bit surprised when in the first few pages, the author gets the cat to his home and says he puts food, milk and water down for it, when actually you shouldn't give cats milk and I thought as a founder of an animal charity he would have known this. However later in the book when he talks of his campaign against the killing of seals, I realised that this book was actually written a while ago, and maybe explained this. As a read this was a fairly quick one, the author does go off on a tangent quite a bit though and some of these tangents are more interesting than others. What I did like was that he didn't think his cat was particularly special (so many I've read claim they have a remarkable cat, but when I've read the book, just can't see it myself), it was just a story about them getting to know one another, and there were certainly some moments I could relate to with my gang.

Journal Entry 5 by kingfan30 at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Released 8 mos ago (1/3/2018 UTC) at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom

Sending on to grant a new year wish

Journal Entry 6 by redfox5 at Camberley, Surrey United Kingdom on Thursday, January 04, 2018