corner corner Last Seen Wearing (Inspector Morse)

Last Seen Wearing (Inspector Morse)
by Colin Dexter | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingeponine38wing of Winchester, Massachusetts USA on 10/31/2016

status (set by eponine38): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, October 31, 2016

Oh, this was my favorite Inspector Morse book so far! It happens to be #2 in the series, but (uncommonly for me) I'm not reading them in any particular order. Loved this one! It was unusual in that it deals with a missing person who is presumed but not proven to be dead.

So many twists and turns! Every time Morse comes up with the perfect solution where all pieces fall into place, he is disappointed again. Wonderful writing, to have so many realistic explanations that don't pan out. Great characters, too, and I am always happy to be reminded of my visit to Oxford in 2015.

Highly recommended!

Amazon:
Valerie Taylor has been missing since she was a sexy seventeen, more than two years ago. Inspector Morse is sure she's dead. But if she is, who forged the letter to her parents saying "I am alright so don't worry"? Never has a woman provided Morse with such a challenge, for each time the pieces of the jigsaw start falling into place, someone scatters them again. So Valerie remains as tantalizingly elusive as ever. Morse prefers a body--a body dead from unnatural causes. And very soon he gets

one. . . .

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Little Free Library, 4 Houlton St. in Bedford, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (10/31/2016 UTC) at Little Free Library, 4 Houlton St. in Bedford, Massachusetts USA

Left at about 7:00. Hope someone will enjoy it!

Released for Leap Into the Wild Challenge hosted by AlterEgoZoe.
Released for 2016 Tick Tock Challenge hosted by DragonGoddess.

DEAR FINDER,

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!